Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got a pair of riding boots (SIDI corsa's). I haven't actually rode the bike with them on yet but I sat on the bike to see how they felt and boy was it ackward and difficult to shift. Is this something you get used to? How'd it feel the first time you put a pair on and road?

kawazeppelin

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have Sidi's and they were more comfortable than any boot or shoe i had ever used to ride my bike, flexibility should be great what did you wear before you got the corsa's?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I had the same problem when I got mine. It wasnt hard to shift it was just different. I readjusted my shifter so I could get my boot in a little easier, I like mine low, and all was fine after I got used to them.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
walk around a bit to break them in and then give it a go. my sidi's i love, very comfy.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Yeah I use flip flops on the track and they shift like butter.....lol j/k You'll get use to it and the Sidi's are IMHO the best boot on the market.

·
Registered
463 Posts
WHen you first get a new pair they will be stiff and with a bit of wearing them they will break in and you wont want anything else on your foot while riding......Even if it's just goin up the street I always put my race boots on. If i dont then my ankles feel very vulnerable. ITs a good thing to, cuz i lowsided a few weeks back and if it wasnt for my boots I'm sure my foot would be in a cast right now....

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I went from my Z custom boots aka 1990 era that felt like moccasins. Loved them for the comfort. Not keen on the ankle/foot protection though. Went for a short cruise in the sidi vertigo corsa airs and found myself missing shifts badly. All I can say is that they are still new, I am new to the boots, and maybe repositioning of the lever is in order. But, they too are a comfortable pair of boots. Even brand new.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I had hard shifting to coz still stiff break-in.I have noticed that my Astar smx was flat at the bottom makes movement much easier, I had tendencies to get the Sidi stuck sometime on the rearset. I always used the Sidi boot to break it in now it's great, I like the adjustable fit and surpriced how light it is.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
natisfinestzx10r said:
i was actually thinkin of gettin some icon riding boots bout they seem very big an ackward to try and shift with considering the fact i'm use to wearing reebok classics lol
unless you get the lace up boot they suck they are too big to shift with

·
Registered
463 Posts
seatec said:
i got the icon motorheads boots for around town. adequate protection for that but my corsas are for carving
None of the icon boots or "hiking boots" That I have seen gives any kind of ankle protection or at least not on the same level as my race boots.......My ankles are worth wearing my race boots on every ride....IMO

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys. I took a quick ride around town yesterday. I missed a couple up and down shifts not knowing were my toes were. But much easier to use then when I just sat on the bike while it was on the stand.

kawazeppelin

1 - 19 of 19 Posts