Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and read all the threads on this issue, but I still have questions.
Sometimes it is hard to get the bike to shift into 3rd gear and other times it slides right in :dontknow:. I really paid attention to it today and tried to make a clean shift every time into 3rd, and at times it just wouldn't go. So I know I wasn't being sloppy or lazy. 2nd gear acts up every so often but that could be me just being sloppy. I adjusted the clutch last week when it stated and that helped, so I thought. Today on my morning ride it stated again :sad: . The bike has 2100 miles and just over 1000 miles since an oil change with dino oil.

Before I do anything today I just wanted to get some opinions on what I should look into. gladding24 seems to have a solution http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6525 but I don't want to tear into the clutch unless I have to :mrgreen: .

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have the stock rearset. I am thinking about lowering the shift lever. Even with Sidi boots I have to pull my foot up higher than I like to upshift. I am busy and I just haven't got around to it yet.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I had problems shifting with my 06 :angryfire dunno why :dontknow: the aftermarket rearset will elimanate freeplay especially with racing boots on I have Aplinestar SMX since replace the rearset just a tap your in the next gear.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had Pilot Powers put on about 100miles ago. I checked the chain when I got the bike back, but I will check it again just to be on the safe side.

I just wonder why I only seem to have problems with 3rd gear. Shifting from 4-6th is silky smooth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts