Ok, here is the details.

2004 Zx-10R

-D&D slip
-PCIII with Ivan's Map
-TRE Mod
-Air Induction Removed
-Exhaust Valve open
-stock airfilter

After installing the PCIII, TRE, AIS removal i noticed my mid-range to best be described hangs.

For example, if i rev the bike in neutral to 6 or 7 grand, it "blurbles" and hangs for a second there. When downshifting at speed it emits a quick paced popping/blurbling.

Any thoughts? I called Ivan, but i haven't received a call back yet, he's probably really busy.

I am thinking maybe Ivan's map has my mid-range too rich? Maybe this is a side effect of the TRE?

What should i do, it definately doesn't feel right.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yup Sounds Like Way Way To Much Fuel!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
check the mid range map

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i cant figure this software out at all, any1 care to help? i need a map with the TRE or at least someone to guide me through making the adjustments.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I loaded Ground Zero's Ron Ayers Muzzy Slip On Map onto the PCIII and the blurbling and hanging seems to be gone. Althoughi can't ride it right now as it is very cold out.

My question is...did Ground Zero's bike get tuned with the TRE mod installed with this map?

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Too much fuel. Go get a custom map.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I got the same response when I installed the Ivan TRE and PCIII. Some of it is from the TRE but alot of it seems like it is his map. I am OKC and my elevation is around the 1200ft range, Ivan is around sea level so that would make his map somewhat rich at my location.

Once I get some extre time and funds I plan on getting a custom map. I tried ground zeros as well, it did get rid of some of the burbling but not all of it. It is just time for a custom map the way I see it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts