Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a set of Handy cycle stands form a buddy of mine in Cleveland. They cost me $110.00 shipped to my door.

Well, I got them today and I have to say the craftsmanship is very nice. They are a nice bright red gloss powdercoat. The rear has pads and the front has short fat pin type locators. The bike feel rock steady on these stands.

My only real dislike is how the pads locate on the swing arm. It is probably cause I have only used the rear stand a couple of times, but I am getting a price for the spools and may try them to see which set up I like best.

I have the bike up ont the stands now, as I am waiting to get my new tires (thanks Flatout) mounted and balanced.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
:ttiwwop:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I had the handy stands for my busa. for the money they can't be beat. I wouldn't even use the rear stand without the spools though.. recipe for disaster IMO. I don't like the ones that sit on the underside of the swingarm.
get the bobbin supports..you won't be disapointed.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I use the Handy Rear stand but not the Front. I use the spools and not the pads. The pads are ok for simple stuff but if you go and torque on an axel nut or something you may get the swing arm to slip off the stand and bike goes down. The spools are much more secure. For the price the Handy Rear stand is great. Its cheap and gets the job done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts