Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is any change in terms of handling if you reduce the seat height by taking some of the foam out??

I would assume if you take an inch out of the foam and sit lower you lower the overall center of gravity making the bike change direction better. Im heading overseas so I can get this done for next to nothing while having a bit of a play around with the cover.

Also is it worth switching over to something that give a bit more grip than a leather seat ?? A superbike tail will run just a foam pad. are these better than the leather covered seats. I know you dont spend much time fully on the seat but a bit of grip would be better when you are hooked in.

Finally is it better to not run those bolts that run under the top clamp from the handle bars and push the bars out to give a bit more leverage to turn the bike easier??

Any pros and cons to the above mods. Are they worth doing or more on the line of "take a shit and you go faster"

Cheers!

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
If you're looking for more "grip" to the bike then have you thought about using something like stompgrip on the sides of the tank? as far as taking foam out of the seat and moving the bars......it's all a matter of preference i think....you want the bike to handle better and respond better? get the suspension set up properly to your weight and how you ride, makes all the difference in the world even on a bone stock bike. hope any of this helps and best of luck my friend.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If you're looking for more "grip" to the bike then have you thought about using something like stompgrip on the sides of the tank? as far as taking foam out of the seat and moving the bars......it's all a matter of preference i think....you want the bike to handle better and respond better? get the suspension set up properly to your weight and how you ride, makes all the difference in the world even on a bone stock bike. hope any of this helps and best of luck my friend.
Ive got good suspension on it and thats set up well . Ive also got tech spec grips on it and they work well. these were just question in the back of my head and I was wondering if they were worth doing as they are prettty much free modifications

Thanks for the response though.
Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts