Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're bringin out The first Halloween with the young Jamie lee Curtis in select theaters on oct. 30 & 31!!!!! Any of u guys knew about this? If it comes to my local theater i will be there for sure! I seen this movie before but i can't remember if my parents took me to see this movie at the theaters when this 1st came out? I think i was too young? But anyway i'm gonna try to see it on the big screen!! This is a classic!!! :beer:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Classic fo'sho. The first two are the best then it just starts to get redundant.
I love how the killer always walks and the victim always runs but yet he is always right behind her.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
madkaw said:
Classic fo'sho. The first two are the best then it just starts to get redundant.
I love how the killer always walks and the victim always runs but yet he is always right behind her.
:smile: :+1:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
madkaw said:
...I love how the killer always walks and the victim always runs but yet he is always right behind her.

Playing on the psychology of fear. You can't escape, blah, blah, blah. Never really been a fan of horror movies, especially the slashers. Just doesn't do it for me. Best "horror" movies I've seen is Jacob's Ladder. Most wouldn't consider it as such, but if you were the lead character, it definitely would be a "horror movie".

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
madkaw said:

U gotta love Micheal Myers for that!!! U could run fast as hell, drive ur car across town and he'll still be behind u! lol!! Samething with jason too! These guys were some of the fastest walkers on the planet!!! :crackup:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
ZiG 9th said:
U gotta love Micheal Myers for that!!! U could run fast as hell, drive ur car across town and he'll still be behind u! lol!! Samething with jason too! These guys were some of the fastest walkers on the planet!!! :crackup:
And if you want to leave the U.S. to avoid sharks, and go to the Bahamas:rolleyes:, then a shark is faster than an airplane- according to jaws 4 (I think it was.)

Pretty cool idea to bring back the original, cheaper and better than making another.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Halloween is definitely a classic horror flick but by today's standards, it's practically a children's movie lol I actually saw one of the old friday the 13th's not too long ago and I was actually laughing out loud

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Lawdog78 said:
Halloween is definitely a classic horror flick but by today's standards, it's practically a children's movie lol I actually saw one of the old friday the 13th's not too long ago and I was actually laughing out loud
They were pretty taboo for there time though. You have to give them that.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lawdog78 said:

What do u mean by that? The horror flix of today are wack compared to the ones that came out in the 80's! The only real good horror flix that came out lately were the SAW franchise, Hostel, High Tension, Wrong Turn and maybe 1 or 2 others that i'm forgetting? But for the most part these present day horror films are huge let downs IMO! Now we get stupid pg-13 movies like The Grudge, The Ring 1 & 2, Boogieman, Darkness, Dark Water, Pulse ect...ect...

·
Registered
603 Posts
ZiG 9th said:
What do u mean by that? The horror flix of today are wack compared to the ones that came out in the 80's! The only real good horror flix that came out lately were the SAW franchise, Hostel, High Tension, Wrong Turn and maybe 1 or 2 others that i'm forgetting? But for the most part these present day horror films are huge let downs IMO! Now we get stupid pg-13 movies like The Grudge, The Ring 1 & 2, Boogieman, Darkness, Dark Water, Pulse ect...ect...
Basically I just mean they really are not hardly "scary" at all... partly to do with the lack of special effects. Examplie like in Hostel when the guy cut the back of the kid's ankles so he couldn't walk.. OMG I about jumped out of my chair when I saw that! A lot of those old classic movies were just plain cheesy IMO though I do agree they were great for their era and it's impressive they have stood the test of time! I personally believe the original Jaws is better than any other Shark movie I have ever seen. Deep blue sea or whatever it was called had a more unrealistic looking shark in it than the 1974ish Jaws

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lawdog78 said:
Basically I just mean they really are not hardly "scary" at all... partly to do with the lack of special effects. Examplie like in Hostel when the guy cut the back of the kid's ankles so he couldn't walk.. OMG I about jumped out of my chair when I saw that! A lot of those old classic movies were just plain cheesy IMO though I do agree they were great for their era and it's impressive they have stood the test of time! I personally believe the original Jaws is better than any other Shark movie I have ever seen. Deep blue sea or whatever it was called had a more unrealistic looking shark in it than the 1974ish Jaws

Yea of course u think itz cheesy or not scary now b/c ur older and u know itz not real. But back then those movies were scary as hell! Like hostel example that movie was great! But IMO it wasn't scary. It was just really graphic gruesome! More shock value in it than anything. But Halloween and Nightmare on Elm. street those dudes were scary! They might've not been as graphic but u knew what was going on.

·
Registered
603 Posts
ZiG 9th said:
Yea of course u think itz cheesy or not scary now b/c ur older and u know itz not real. But back then those movies were scary as hell! Like hostel example that movie was great! But IMO it wasn't scary. It was just really graphic gruesome! More shock value in it than anything. But Halloween and Nightmare on Elm. street those dudes were scary! They might've not been as graphic but u knew what was going on.
Good points.... I agree Maybe it is to me more of a blood & gore thing as well as some twisted plots (like saw!) I do remember watching halloween II when I was probably about 7 and I was scared to go outside at night for a long long time after that lol

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lawdog78 said:
Good points.... I agree Maybe it is to me more of a blood & gore thing as well as some twisted plots (like saw!) I do remember watching halloween II when I was probably about 7 and I was scared to go outside at night for a long long time after that lol

lol!! yea u know what i mean scared of the dark and scared to be alone! :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts