Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know dyno numbers dont mean anything but i felt the outcome was good. Dyno was done by brady at metric cycles, If you drag race you probable know tracy and vickie Farr. well the bike put down 160 even the the rear wheel. the bike is stretched -1 +4 A&r race baffles, no power commander. As a comparision my buddy took his 07 hayabusa the same time. the busa has a full exhaust, power commander with a custom map, geared, lowered. it put down 167 to the wheel. so i think all in all my bike did pretty well. my bike will walk off and leave the busa until areodynamics of the busa kick in. i will post a chart ASAP. here is a video of the first pull, Not a great video cause the bike was spinning the tire.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
I know dyno numbers dont mean anything but i felt the outcome was good. Dyno was done by brady at metric cycles, If you drag race you probable know tracy and vickie Farr. well the bike put down 160 even the the rear wheel. the bike is stretched -1 +4 A&r race baffles, no power commander. As a comparision my buddy took his 07 hayabusa the same time. the busa has a full exhaust, power commander with a custom map, geared, lowered. it put down 167 to the wheel. so i think all in all my bike did pretty well. my bike will walk off and leave the busa until areodynamics of the busa kick in. i will post a chart ASAP. here is a video of the first pull, Not a great video cause the bike was spinning the tire.

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.
Oh snap...my sister in-law lives in Cushing.

Nice numbers!!!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
these clutches have alot of drag strip passes on them too... so with new clutches, i might get another horse or 2

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Not to mention you're losing power with the longer chain. If you have a Shinko its robbing another 2-3hp as well.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
my cousins grew up in drumright

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Thats pretty good because BEFORE I PUT A HEAD and intake cam i make 161 WITH PC, and full TIforce:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Shinko the power robbing tire.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the shinko is a cheap, tire that get really sticky, you see them on 90% of streetbikes that are serious about drag racing, i didnt need it till i extended the bike. It may rob a bit of power but the pros outweigh the cons....

·
Pimp/Player
11,412 Posts
On a motorcycle, typical power loss at higher power levels, mostly through tire flex, is about 10% and gearbox chain and other power transferring parts are another 2% to 5%.
So if it is true that u lose 10% in tire flex and 2%-5% in the gearbox,chain,and other u could actually be from 179-184:dontknow:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Every tire robs power. Why don't you just drop the motor and dyno just the motor. Everything robs power from the engine to the ground.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Don't be fooled by dyno numbers, you can have a dyno queen and get blasted on the track or street. If your numbers where high an your a/f was 12:9 or 13: to 1 ratio, then you got a monster... If your a/f was 13:5 to 1 or higher it's won't pull good on the road.... especially with a Kawasaki

1 - 19 of 19 Posts