Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, long time since I've been on here but I've been looking at this h2 since it came out and had a few questions for guys who went from the 2011+ 10r to it. how are you liking it and which do you prefer? hows the cornering on the h2? and also does the h2 have any extra needed maintenance with the supercharger. just trying to see what people think of it really wanna make a change since I've had mine since the gen 4 came out lol

·
Registered
150 Posts
Curiosity killed the cat. >:)

In the reviews they have mentioned it handles surprisingly well for its size. Not as good as the 10R but more nimble than the 14R. I would also be curious in some first-hand feedback.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
880turbo (mike) has one on this board. He said the H2 is the best thing since sliced bread.... and he is not a rookie.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I don't know the intervals of the top of my head, but the H2 is a lot more maintenance heavy compared to the ZX10R. The S/C does need to be checked periodically.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Also I'd assume with the power these guys get out of these things that the service intervals should be bumped up from stock for sure. Gadson got 302 hp out of his. Even if dyno is generous that's nuts

·
Registered
966 Posts
I saw on the h2 site that @880turbo was layed to rest today... Apparently a startled turkey vulture ran into his path and he was struck in the head... RIP

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
mikes loss is a loss to all of us. called me pretty often and we talked extended periods. just called last month about cam timing on his h2 and coming mods. i did his gen 4 head and have one of his heads here now on a shelved project of his. owned some very special fast kawasakis. very passionate about his bikes. gonna miss talking with him.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I read through some pages on another forum and it sounds like speed was a factor. Someone said the bike debris went up to 600yds from the crash site. Crazy. RIP to him

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
WTF!!! THAT IS TERRIBLE!!! My sincere condolences. He was the real deal enthusiast and good dude. ITS A DAMN SHAME. I guess you never know when its your day to go.

·
Administrator
6,736 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an H2 and used to own a gen 1 ZX10. I have ridden all gens of ZX10 including the '16 model. I shaved about 35 lbs off it with muffler changes and fender eliminator, and reflashed the ecu - that's all and it has 231Hp at the rear wheel! Its hard to get your head around the intense experience of this bike even on a simple commute to work, its a great way to start the day. It handles extremely well, of course it is heavier than a ZX10 but its comfortable, nimble enough and has acceleration that you will never experience with any other production bike. If you check out the H2 forum, there not a single unhappy customer, just beaming smiles everywhere. The bike is so well built and strong. I would say that maintenance is probably better than the ZX10 because things are much more accessible to get at. Service intervals are the same. Only extra thing is to check the supercharger shaft end float which is easy anyway.
If the magazine tests don't convince you, take it from a very satisfied owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have an H2 and used to own a gen 1 ZX10. I have ridden all gens of ZX10 including the '16 model. I shaved about 35 lbs off it with muffler changes and fender eliminator, and reflashed the ecu - that's all and it has 231Hp at the rear wheel! Its hard to get your head around the intense experience of this bike even on a simple commute to work, its a great way to start the day. It handles extremely well, of course it is heavier than a ZX10 but its comfortable, nimble enough and has acceleration that you will never experience with any other production bike. If you check out the H2 forum, there not a single unhappy customer, just beaming smiles everywhere. The bike is so well built and strong. I would say that maintenance is probably better than the ZX10 because things are much more accessible to get at. Service intervals are the same. Only extra thing is to check the supercharger shaft end float which is easy anyway.
If the magazine tests don't convince you, take it from a very satisfied owner.
Man that is intense. From what i have read, the H2 makes 197 to the crank, from the factory. With an exhaust and flash it is up to 231 rwhp? That is a huge gain. But I guess with FI, the gains are always larger.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had planned on getting the H2, but sadly I didn't get the promotion I was expecting :( So I sold my Gen 3 and got the Gen 5 instead. I saw the video of the H2R at the Isle of Mann and it is just crazy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts