Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Pace
7,307 Posts
H2 is in a tough market niche. So heavy for everyday tight stuff so impossible to keep tires; but slabs are simply stupid boring.

The g5 is heavy but compensate: super charge a g5. That will keep tires ok even if the g5 hits around 450 pounds wet, my guess. Bottom line is to lighten the g5 and offer the charger and trash the H2, imo.

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
The H2 needs to be as heavy as it is in order to be strong enough for its rated power output.

A ZX10R engine does not have enough strength margins to withstand being supercharged with adequate durability and longevity.

Everything in the load paths inside the H2 engine is stronger. Pistons, rods, crank, transmission, cases. There's more metal everywhere, because there HAS to be.

The airbox is metal instead of plastic. It's heavier - but it has to be that way, because it is now a pressure vessel.

It is a different bike from a ZX10R ... that's why I have one of each :badteeth:

I like this new sport-touring variant but I've already got too many bikes.

Reactions: Capncalyx

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I like it. Compression at 11.2:1 vs the H2 ...bags by givi with low 5kg weight limits. TFT display optional. What are the calipers? What is the msrp? I look forward to seeing what else they slap a supercharger on.

Reactions: Capncalyx

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
H2 is in a tough market niche. So heavy for everyday tight stuff so impossible to keep tires; but slabs are simply stupid boring.

The g5 is heavy but compensate: super charge a g5. That will keep tires ok even if the g5 hits around 450 pounds wet, my guess. Bottom line is to lighten the g5 and offer the charger and trash the H2, imo.
wat

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
To me the St makes even more sense....

you have a nicer looking bike, same weight and sure with a woolich reflash you can get at least 225hp, tons of torque... so you can go fast comfortable, and if you ride you can pass any liter sportbike geting out of the corners....
change tires with oil every 3000Km but your happy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.