Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Anyone has a H&k MP7?? Wanna purchase one, and get a little feedback.
Do you mean P7? The squeeze cocking 9mm. If so, I have had a couple of them. It is easily one of the most accurate 9mm's ever made. However, it has one drawback. It gets really, really hot if you like to shot a fair amount. To the point of burning your hand if you don't stop. I can't remember exactly how much and how fast, but I'm guessing anything more that 50 rounds per 15 minutes would keep it very hot. It is the gas system that does it. However, if you have several guns and can let it rest, you will be getting a fabulous gun!!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you mean P7? The squeeze cocking 9mm. If so, I have had a couple of them. It is easily one of the most accurate 9mm's ever made. However, it has one drawback. It gets really, really hot if you like to shot a fair amount. To the point of burning your hand if you don't stop. I can't remember exactly how much and how fast, but I'm guessing anything more that 50 rounds per 15 minutes would keep it very hot. It is the gas system that does it. However, if you have several guns and can let it rest, you will be getting a fabulous gun!!!
MP7 its not a 9mm

·
Registered
57 Posts
You have an FFL to go along with that? LOL
That's a common misconception...All you have to do is fill out the infamous "Form 4" from the ATF and pay a $200 tax stamp before you can buy any fully-automatic weapon. If you think that's expensive, wait until you see the full price for a new fully-automatic weapon. I'm guessing that gun will run you an easy 6-7K, if not more. The background check from the ATF takes a month to clear. I've shot mp5s and mp7s, and for the money, I'd say the mp5k is a superior weapon, though not as accurate.

·
Registered
445 Posts
That's a common misconception...All you have to do is fill out the infamous "Form 4" from the ATF and pay a $200 tax stamp before you can buy any fully-automatic weapon. If you think that's expensive, wait until you see the full price for a new fully-automatic weapon. I'm guessing that gun will run you an easy 6-7K, if not more. The background check from the ATF takes a month to clear. I've shot mp5s and mp7s, and for the money, I'd say the mp5k is a superior weapon, though not as accurate.

Almost true. You can buy any select fire weapon manufactured before the institution of the Firearms Owners' Protection Act, which was passed May 19, 1986. Silencers, Short barreled rifles, and Short barreled shotguns can still be purchased new.

The last time I checked the price on a full auto weapon was approxiamtely 6 months ago. For a Ruger ACR (ala A-Team... Full Auto Mini-14) the going price was almost 6,000. For a new MP7 I would start the pricing in the 20,000range. Full auto HKG3's from 1986 are still almost 15k.

Having said that, the department that I work for purchased 3 MP5's for 680.00(Yep...six HUNDRED eighty dollars) a pop:badteeth: How's that for a kick in the sack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts