Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't on the ten. But i gave a hid set as a birthday present and the set had been giving the personal problems. The lights would go off when coming to a stop and then come back on. The high beams didn't work either.

I went to look at them last night as I'm the one who installed them. I was expecting to find the kit harness plug loose from the head lamp harness as when i installed the lights the head lamp plug would not lock into the harness plug as it is supposed to. But when examining the harness I found the inline fuse from the positive side of the battery melted but still functional .

I was at a loss. I had never seen or heard of a fuse doing that. I did replace it for a time to try and track down the loose connection. I couldn't nail down a cause.

So now my question is there anyone with experience trouble shooting h.i.ds. do you think its the control box on the harness or the plug or both.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The ones i had in my a8 would Shut off under braking and hitting bumps they would flicker. Turned out to be inside the actual ballast. The ignitor would ground out against the case. Bought a reputable brand and never had problems again. Don't buy Shitty hids. Your gonna be upset when they melt your harness.that's my experience atleast. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts