Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Just trolling
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having some trouble getting my girl to wear a helmet when we go out on rides. she absolutely refuses. which ends us up leading to us not riding cause i dont like takign her out w/o one on. yet she always makes sure i have mine on when i ride by myself. do you guys have the same problem and what have you done. I really dont see how guys i see are wearing their helmets w/ their lady behind them w/ nothing on. ? they cant protect themselves but not their loved ones in case of a crash. its not like their in less danger than the driver. IDK anyways comment away

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Theres a helmet law here in NY so its a must. But if I were in your shoes...

F that. Helmet..or dont ride. You win regardless of how angry she might get. How are you wrong for worrying about her safety? Let her stay home.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Show her some vids of crashes "race or street" and let her take notice that in every single one 3 things hit the deck no matter what, Hands, Ass, and Head. Ill keep my pretty face over cemented reconstruction any day

·
Registered
226 Posts

F that. Helmet..or dont ride. You win regardless of how angry she might get. How are you wrong for worrying about her safety? Let her stay home.
+234897234

No fucking way I'm riding without a helmet, so I'm definitely not letting a passenger.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Law in CA

But what you could do is either bone her brains out until she has no choice but too comply... or put a piece of her favorite unwrapped candy in her helmet then she takes care of the rest aww rightt

·
Registered
353 Posts
Don't let her ride with you period unless she agrees to mess up her hair with the helmet :) You would never be able to live with yourself if something happened to her...

Cheers

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Helmet/jacket/gloves are mandatory or I rode solo, no exceptions. Its not worth the consequences if something happens and all it takes is a very small get off to permanently main/injure or kill her, your head can't take much abuse and still come out ok :headshake

·
Registered
117 Posts

:+1:

I'd mess up my hair anyday then to dead on some pavement. Wear it or forget it, It's not worth the risk.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
we have a helmet law here as well....but when i was in pa it was an option and i did what you did...if she didn't want to wear the helmet than she wasn't riding

·
Registered
187 Posts
Like Iridium said, all it takes is a small off. You don't have to be going that fast. I see a ton of atv accidents come by careflight every summer. 90% have head trauma and were not wearing a helmet. Untill she puts one on remove your rear pegs and put a seat cowl on. Your bike will look better that way any how.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Youtube! Show her! Let her see what could happen even with a helmet on. If something was to happen ask your self could you live with it for the rest of your life? Avoid it before it happens. Even if you were extra careful there are just too many old people and careless drivers on the road. Show her how much you care by just leaving her ass at home!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Im having some trouble getting my girl to wear a helmet when we go out on rides. she absolutely refuses. which ends us up leading to us not riding cause i dont like takign her out w/o one on. yet she always makes sure i have mine on when i ride by myself. do you guys have the same problem and what have you done. I really dont see how guys i see are wearing their helmets w/ their lady behind them w/ nothing on. ? they cant protect themselves but not their loved ones in case of a crash. its not like their in less danger than the driver. IDK anyways comment away
it's great that you care about her, but it's her life. i know, you're the one driving, but that doesn't make you responsible for her safety. the same goes for her telling you to wear a helmet. imo, the government, much less an individual ,has absolutely no right to tell an adult what to do with one's own safety.

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
it's great that you care about her, but it's her life. i know, you're the one driving, but that doesn't make you responsible for her safety. the same goes for her telling you to wear a helmet. imo, the government, much less an individual ,has absolutely no right to tell an adult what to do with one's own safety.
do you honestly believe that load of crap you're spewing? Reach down where your legs should be...feel tentacles? :headshake

getting on a bike without a helmet on is stupid enough when you're the one "in control"...getting on the back of someone else's bike without a helmet is retarded and suicidal

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
i know, you're the one driving, but that doesn't make you responsible for her safety. [/QUOTE
are you kidding????????:headshake:bs:

what happens if one was to follow your statement...do you think you could live with yourself if something was to happen to her???

think about your comment homie

·
Just trolling
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks i dont really like telling her what to do but at the same time she knows she isnt going to and thats the excuse i hear everytime. "my hair"...well its ugna get messed up from the wind w/o a helmet anyways!a also i think it has something to do w/ the "not cool" factor of a helmet. and shes a girl and she just wants everyone to see her pretty face on there :p i live in Indiana so its not mandatory u wear one and i know most around her dont,and i see alot of guys and ladies riding on the back w/ no helmet and i think to her its just lame to have to wear one. but let the two bikes wreck next to each other one w/ a helmet the other w/o and see who walks away. ANd when i show her these wrecks...that just wants her to keep ME off the bike so lol and Mrsitter. sorry man totally disagree. you ARE responsible for any passenger. and especially if its a loved one. just by chance what if i were to make a mistake than it is all my fault not anyone elses. thats like saying its not a drunk drivers fault if he/she hits someone and they die because they didnt have their seat belt on. come on.:headshake: but thanks everyone for the comments i think we settled on if i buy her a helmet she really likes she'll wear it. so:idea: shes gettin smarter

·
Registered
252 Posts
thanks i dont really like telling her what to do but at the same time she knows she isnt going to and thats the excuse i hear everytime. "my hair"...well its ugna get messed up from the wind w/o a helmet anyways!. ANd when i show her these wrecks...that just wants her to keep ME off the bike so lol and Mrsitter. sorry man totally disagree. you ARE responsible for any passenger. and especially if its a loved one. just by chance what if i were to make a mistake than it is all my fault not anyone elses. thats like saying its not a drunk drivers fault if he/she hits someone and they die because they didnt have their seat belt on. come on.:headshake: but thanks everyone for the comments i think we settled on if i buy her a helmet she really likes she'll wear it. so:idea: shes gettin smarter
i definitely respect your view and think it's a great idea to wear a helmet. however, i still feel that every adult should be responsible for their own safety. when somebody decides to wear/not wear a helmet, the only life involved with that decision is their own. sure the driver could have an accident and injure/kill their passenger, but that person made a decision to wear/not wear a helmet, and the decision needs to be respected.

in your case, what im trying to say is that your gf has no right to for example "hide your keys" until you promise to wear a helmet. or, for instance, if she were to purchase a motorcycle, nobody (including you, her parents, or the government) have a right to tell her to wear a helmet. all this is simply part of what a free country is about, and it's something we are sadly moving away from.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts