Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:angryfire
here is the deal i took my bike to this guy locally to install my new gears and chain i was referred to him by a friend of mine he did his gsxr 1000 gears the guy called me today saying he needed a special tool to take off the front sprocket and it can only be ordered through kawasaki does that makes sense or does he not know what the hell he's doing my friends gsxr that he worked on came out great i have been doing reseach on here about changing gears because i was going to do it myself and no 1 mentioned a special tool :angryfire

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
:angryfire
here is the deal i took my bike to this guy locally to install my new gears and chain i was referred to him by a friend of mine he did his gsxr 1000 gears the guy called me today saying he needed a special tool to take off the front sprocket and it can only be ordered through kawasaki does that makes sense or does he not know what the hell he's doing my friends gsxr that he worked on came out great i have been doing reseach on here about changing gears because i was going to do it myself and no 1 mentioned a special tool :angryfire
All you need is an impact wrench and you have to bend the washer over before you try and remove the nut...WTF

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just called him now he said he went to get the right socket and he's going to see if it works instead of trying to go get the right socket from the beginnig he put the bike back together so now he has to take the bike back apart :dontknow:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Get your bike back while you can lol.....its a gubby one of those guys that says he works on bikes just to be mr kool lol

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
All you need is an impact wrench and you have to bend the washer over before you try and remove the nut...WTF
a key is getting the washer flat, flat and flatter before hitting it with the impact and proper fitting socket, hence nothing special about this job.

BD

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
he just called and said the bike is ready guess he figured out it wasnt that hard with the right tools im going to ride it home and i will let you guys know how it goes thanks again :thumbsup:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just got home with the bike that grease that came on the new chain do i need to clean it off the shits all over my rear tire now

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just becouse you have tools doesnt make you a mechanic! Would you take a porshe or ferarri to "some guy"? A ZX10 or any other sportbike has the same level of peformance as these cars yet people are so willing to get work done by hackers it makes me sick. You get what you pay for. Id be more concerned that he peened the master link correctly thats where the RIGHT tool is needed and attention to detail.

·
Registered
724 Posts
The guys a dumbass...no special tool just a new washer. you should order the new washer through ronayers.com or bikebandit.com. Do you any tools ? All you need are sockets to get the front and rear bolts off, an air wrench, and a new washer for front nut. Get it done by someone that knows something...not that guy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts