Votes: 71 53.0%
  • You don't believe and that kind of stuff

Votes: 46 34.3%
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and saw that this was never asked I hope it hasn't. My mom sent me a couple of small gifts for christmas and one happened to be a guardian bell. It isn't one of those cheap ones either it is some serious steel. It's more of a key chain than your normal guardian bell. I am just curious does anyone else ride with one? I am pretty pumped plus my mom hates the bike so I almost feel it would be bad luck not to ride without it now!

·
Registered
600 Posts
no idea what is was had to google it. looks like gay shit to me.

Legend has it that Evil Road Spirits have been latching themselves on to motorcycles for as long as there have been bikes on the road. These Evil Road Spirits are responsible for mechanical problems and bad luck along a journey.

Legend goes on to say that by attaching a small bell onto your bike, the Evil Road Spirits will become trapped inside the bell where the constant ringing drives them insane, making them lose their grip until they fall to the ground. (Ever wonder where potholes come from?)

Legend also has it that the mystery of the Guardian™ Bell carries twice as much power when it is purchased by a friend or loved one and given as a gift.

Show someone how much you care. Offer them defense against the Evil Road Spirits! Give a Guardian™ Bell and share the Legend of Good Luck it offers to a motorcycle and its rider!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey it is what it is. It was a gift to keep a moms kid safe cant hate her for that. I have seen them on a few cruisers.

·
Registered
844 Posts
the only negative i see is that any metal on a key chain will screw up your triple tree.maybe find a good spot to put it on the bike so that you're always covered when on the bike-but that's me.

·
Registered
844 Posts
no idea what is was had to google it. looks like gay shit to me.

Legend has it that Evil Road Spirits have been latching themselves on to motorcycles for as long as there have been bikes on the road. These Evil Road Spirits are responsible for mechanical problems and bad luck along a journey.

Legend goes on to say that by attaching a small bell onto your bike, the Evil Road Spirits will become trapped inside the bell where the constant ringing drives them insane, making them lose their grip until they fall to the ground. (Ever wonder where potholes come from?)

Legend also has it that the mystery of the Guardian™ Bell carries twice as much power when it is purchased by a friend or loved one and given as a gift.

Show someone how much you care. Offer them defense against the Evil Road Spirits! Give a Guardian™ Bell and share the Legend of Good Luck it offers to a motorcycle and its rider!
i did'nt know the history-now i do - thanx. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
A friend gave me one 2 years ago after I wrecked at the track (he doesn't ride, but it came from the heart). I can't say no to that. It hangs by the rear shock, can't even see it, I know it's there and that's what matters.

What really got me was, when my son (2 years old then) first saw he bell, he said "moto" in Spanish. Now how in the world did he know it was for that? I saw it as a sign (insert laugh now).

If it's from your mom, you HAVE to use it. I am a grown man, but will wear the most aweful shirt on the planet if my mom gave it to me. I could give 2 shits about the opinions of others.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
My family are all cruiser guys and they all have those, to each his own I am all about doing what you want to do and not giving a [email protected]#t what other people think so I say do what you want

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I had a friend give me one as a gift, but I never put it on. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes, it has more of an association with Harleys and the cruiser crowd I believe.
Just like "good luck charms" or St. Christopher medals, many folks believe it does something. It is not really my cup of tea but historically, bells have often had an association with religions and with good spirts. In both western and eastern religions bells are associated with the "good" side of things. In several Buddhist temples in Thailand, there are many large bells lined up. One says a prayer and taps the bell to aid in sending one's prayers. Being a percussionist, I love metallophones of all kinds including bells. Bells and gongs are some of the oldest instruments mankind has devised. They are fascinating devices. Making them and tuning them is a real science. But, good luck and guardianship? That is up to the individual...I just like their sounds and the physics behind them. I have hundreds of them as well as their related instruments (chimes, glockenspiel, vibraphone, crotales, cymbals, etc.)
Aren't you sorry you asked? Haha!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Never heard of them until now. I say if it gives your mom even the tinyest bit of comfort knowing you are rockin it I say put it on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i too am from the "I dontgiveafuck" crowd (me thinks some of us are), but ya gotta be thickskinned `round here...especially posting some shit like that...

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I could give 2 shits about the opinions of others.
I've had one since I started riding and always will, be it gay or not.:rolleyes:

I hit a mourning dove at 160+(top of 5th gear almost) busted my helmet and fucked me up, there are pictures here somewhere. Funny thing is that I didn't fall of or lose the bike. I opened my eyes once when I felt/heard myself moving much slower and was in the opposite lane, was able to move over to the shoulder on my side of the road. I'll never forget the impact of that, or taking my helmet off, blood all over me and the bike.

Now to me, that sounds like more of a guardian angel or something watching over me, luck or w/e, more so than a little bell, but you won't EVER see me without it, some people just have some pretty gay opinions.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey by no means was I not going to put it on. I gift from my mother in a sense to keep me safe is much more special to me to allow a opposing opinion steer me otherwise. It's going on the bike somewhere. I was just giving humor with my " should have made a gay option". I believe in the higher power and every thing has its purpose. My mother continues to look after me after the many years I left the nest. You know what the say about a mothers intuition. I was just asking a general question I know the outcome of asking a somewhat controversial question. Cheers fellers and safe riding

1 - 20 of 50 Posts