Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so when i got my 05 the guy had some led back lighting he gave me he hadnt installed. it came with instructions but only on how to get the gauge out and crack it open. no instructions on the soldering or anything after the crack it open part. the guy told me he got them from ebay. i cant find any instructions anywhere on how to change my backlighting. can anyone help me out here?
thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
this thread covers it..

http://www.kawiforums.com/how-tos-faqs/32331-changing-your-backlight-color-your-gauges.html

this was my effort :)

before:

during...

solder, test, fail, resolder, yay!

I spent ages trying to decide on the colours... decided that i needed two leds for the redline in the tach area, and white is the new blue... ;-)

got a load of led's left over as it was cheaper to buy them in a roll... much smaller and harder to solder than i originally thought.. my fingers are definately too fat, but a satisfying result nevertheless..

Reactions: edouble

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
this thread covers it..

http://www.kawiforums.com/how-tos-faqs/32331-changing-your-backlight-color-your-gauges.html

this was my effort :)

before:

during...

solder, test, fail, resolder, yay!

I spent ages trying to decide on the colours... decided that i needed two leds for the redline in the tach area, and white is the new blue... ;-)

got a load of led's left over as it was cheaper to buy them in a roll... much smaller and harder to solder than i originally thought.. my fingers are definately too fat, but a satisfying result nevertheless..
That is bad ass!!!! Rep Sent

·
Registered
1,400 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
o i did the gauge earlier today. those damn leds are hella tiny. pita to hold them in place and solder them at the same time but the new white gauges are so fresh! makes it feel like a whole new bike...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ya if u have the steady hands and the pactience to do this mod it is definently worth the effort
yah now everytime the sun goes down i get a boner when i see my gauge lit up white and my hids blaring ahead of me. I CAN SEE! i do wish i had put the one red led at the end of the tach though. that looks real good

·
Registered
289 Posts
I{ found a guy not too far from me who Charges a small fee to do this.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts