Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fact or fiction?

This guy claims that his 2006 GSXR600 with -1/+2 gearing can go 169.5 mph @ 14,300 rpm... Supposedly radar verified... :dontknow: Also claims his speedo was showing 179 at the time. :rolleyes: Stock I think is just over 160 mph. He has a slip on, Yosh EMS cube, and a 'hotter' cam... :rolleyes:

I think it is BS, but I wanted a second, third, fouth.... opinion. The gearing change should take at least a dozen mph off the top end right?

Thanks.

Chris

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Sounds like a hot fresh steaming load of BS to me, Chris.

Is this a guy off the Sportrider Board? Because you know, EVERYBODY on the internet has superhuman abilities of some sort........

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
That guy is smok'n some good green!! Most 600's are gonna run true speed of about 155-160 max with oem gearing. The mods he has done will not add max speed in any way shape or form. Infact the gearing he has done will lower his max speed.

I would surely beg to bet his GSXR600 with a -1/+2 combo will only touch the 140-145 max speed at best.

If he indeed feels he can go that fast......find a stretch of road and roll on gently up to speed with your ZX10. I would beg to bet he has no more left when your speedo is rolling past 140'ish.

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. That is what I thought...

I could see where a little lower gearing could add mph, assuming that he couldn't pull stock gearing. But going as low as he did, I doubt if it can go that fast. Using this calculator: http://www.dansmc.com/mc_software1.htm Stock the 10R is geared for a theoretical 195. Puting in the -1/+2 gearing I get something in the 175 neighborhood.... I don't think a 600 will lose 20 mph, but 12-15 should be close.

Just like Casey said... A big pile of steaming BS... :lol:

And yeah, 06450F, a little roll on with him should clear things up. :eek:ccasion1 Or like you said, just pace him until he is bumping the rev limiter in 6th and see where I am at on the 10.

I'll have to let him know what others think. :beer: Thanks again.

Chris

·
Registered
286 Posts
I would like more information about this super 600 but, from what you posted, impossible. My 05zx6rr geared -1, +4 at the strip is just about touching the rev limiter at the top of 6th gear going through the traps. My MPH is usually right around 129-130 measured by the track timing system
(Speedo showed 167-170mph) Even only -1, +2 with his supposed mods, maybe 135-140 actual mph.

·
Registered
201 Posts
No way possible. Unless this guy weighs 4 pounds. He's seriously smokin' something!! Gearing down will cut his top end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts