Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imagine both of these blacked out. They both look stunning.
PLEASE, help me sort out which one to buy.
I had a 2008 ZX10R, it was stolen. At this point, i have had alot of trouble. To the extent i rather see anither bike than the ZX10R. Which bike do you belive is the better, and why?

Both are very nice, and have lots of candy!

Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had a 2008 ZX10R, it was stolen. At this point, i have had alot of trouble. To the extent i rather see anither bike than the ZX10R. Which bike do you belive is the better, and why?

Thanks
I personally would get the R1. Suzuki frame welds tend to break.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tend to break. I know there was some breaking of the K5/K6. But i have never heard of anything at the later models.

I have no pics of them. But i don't see how that would be the breaking point for either one of them. Bikes, does it only come to bling?
Nah, i talk of which one is the better bike. Looks is not first thing that matters. It's just a bonus feature.
For what it counts, i personally believe qulity is quite same same at these bikes.

Ducati is nice, but too expensive. I also rather take KTM RC8R before the Ducce 1098(s), maybe a 1198 would go before the RC8R. But this is not what i asked for. So, please!! Cut it out of discussion.

My thoughts is mostly based on what bike would suit a ZX10R, former owner.

Thanks!

I personally would get the R1. Suzuki frame welds tend to break.

·
Registered
308 Posts

Thanks
What kind of troubles did you have with the Kawi.:dontknow:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Enee meany miney moe. If looks don't matter, then close your eyes spin around twice and point.There you have it,your new ride. You can't drive one on the streets 100% and both are that close so what does it matter? :crackup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, it's not that i see any problems with zx10r. It's due to the anger i have towards my insurance company. I have lot's of aftermarket parts i have tried to return. So, it would be smarter to buy a new zx. Though, i don't know if i can handle buying a bike, that is less prepped than the one i had. I have to start all over. My bike was stolen. 9 days old. It is not so funny. Insurance company is making life real hard. A time-line for when they see fit to have sorted all s-h-i-t out seems to take ages. I just feel i have a hard time looking and driving same bike again, due to all this. That's what it's all about.

What kind of troubles did you have with the Kawi.:dontknow:

·
Team Green Baby!
2014 MV Agusta F3 675
1,519 Posts
Go with the Gixxer if you want better performance. Go for the R1 if you want it for looks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, i have tried the gixxer k7 and k9, not the r1 though.
I read some reports claiming r1 is better in chassis. Suka also did some changes to chassis from 08 to 09. I guess it's more grunt in the gixxer. But i hear the rear shock is difficult to set propperly for best grip/traction.
Have youowned both a tried them head to head (r1 and gixxer that is)?

Go with the Gixxer if you want better performance. Go for the R1 if you want it for looks.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
My vote would be for the R1, unless you are planning to go racing. The R1 is a beautiful bike in my opinion (except for the '09) and is well built. Some of the 07-08 R1's had a problem with their electronic controlled throttle and had to have their ECU's replaced. I'd definitely look into it, and test ride it before I handed over payment.

The GSXR has a ton more aftermarket kit available for it, and parts are very easy to come by. That's the benefit of ubiquity.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
My vote would be for the R1, unless you are planning to go racing. The R1 is a beautiful bike in my opinion (except for the '09) and is well built. Some of the 07-08 R1's had a problem with their electronic controlled throttle and had to have their ECU's replaced. I'd definitely look into it, and test ride it before I handed over payment.

The GSXR has a ton more aftermarket kit available for it, and parts are very easy to come by. That's the benefit of ubiquity.
My buddies '06 R1 needed a new ecu also.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Go green or go home:eek:ccasion1

1 - 20 of 55 Posts