Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after having 2 busas stolen i decided to get an alarm on my next bike asap.
got the 10 in june, and at a local forum i did a thread about needing an alarm. local shop that does car/auto alarms sez they'll hook me up. i want the scorpio 900.
it is sent to the shop quickly, i go down there to get it installed. (i also pay them $138 for a spare remote and lp light)
everythings cool for about a week, then the ignition starts cutting out on the fwy:dontknow: then the bike dies completely, wont start the next morn.
i get it started and take it back to the shop, where they pull the alarm. a test ride confirms the alarm's the culprit (or so i thought)
they send the alarm back to scorpio. i'm waiting 1 week, 2 weeks, all the time calling the shop. (in the meantime i have to get a storage to keep my bike safe).
some time after this the shop tells me my extra remote and lp light is there.
after 3 weeks, i decide to call scorpio. they say they'll call me back.
couple days later, they say they just got my alarm and will expidite testing. they wouldn't tell me when a return authorization # was issued, but admit it's always issued when they are called regarding problems with their alarms.
next day they call and tell me the issue was the perimiter sensor was mounted too close to the main module (this was addressed in the instructions) and it will be sent back.
work, and a misplaced remote charger on my end prevented me from going back for re-install. yesterday i go back to the shop to have it done. after the work was done, the guy i'm dealing with tells me he can't find my parts:headshake
i tell him to refund me then.
he says he's in the process of switching banks, and dosen't have any checks.
dosen't have any cash either:headshake

after, and if, i get my $ back, be sure i will name names.
i'm gonna join every bike and car forum i can find and burn these incompetant sob's:smile:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hope it works out for you. There are a lot of bad mobile audio shops out there. I would be very careful who I let cut wires and solder on my vehicles. That being said, nobody touches the electronics in my vehicles.

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope it works out for you. There are a lot of bad mobile audio shops out there. I would be very careful who I let cut wires and solder on my vehicles. That being said, nobody touches the electronics in my vehicles.
the scorpio just plugs into the ecu, iirc no cutting or soldering is required.
i have 5 bills into this nightmare.
between this, a tfu deal on a used exhaust from another site, and the hassle getting the title, and a spill on july 4, i'm starting to believe there's a curse on this bike.
i have managed to put about 9k on it, and it's been a blast:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Damn! How does a business like this survive?! It's got to be a clear indication of how this business is run in dealing with its customers in general. Otherwise, they'd be expediting that shit and Fed-Exing everything in order to appease you (which they should rightfully be doing).

What happened to "The customer is always right?"

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn! How does a business like this survive?! It's got to be a clear indication of how this business is run in dealing with its customers in general. Otherwise, they'd be expediting that shit and Fed-Exing everything in order to appease you (which they should rightfully be doing).

What happened to "The customer is always right?"
and they sought ME OUT too:rolleyes:

·
Registered
276 Posts
the scorpio just plugs into the ecu, iirc no cutting or soldering is required.....:mrgreen:
shoulda done the install yourself! :heyyou:

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pm sent
Once this is settled I'll spread this douchbags name on every bike, car, and gun forum I can get on

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea 1 stolen this year, 1 in 05, 1 I wrecked in 08....
I'm the sole cause of everyones ins rates increasing

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
ouch sorry dude. I do everything in my power to NOT let anyone touch my bike for reasons like this cause i get f*cked all the time with everything. Hope everything turns out well for ya though good luck bud!

·
Registered
685 Posts
brakes and oil i can handle
electronics kinda freaks me out
No offense but thats what the forum is for. I did mine myself and am decent electronics wise. Someone here would have been able to help you... Once you get everything apart and start installing stuff, its not that difficult.

I am a huge fan of DIY... I installed the alarm, kill circuit, and proximity myself so once you get your money back, I'd be more than happy to assist. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts