Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this product yet or am I a little ahead of the curve on this one?

I downloaded the PDF and at first reading it seems MUCH more user friendly than the Bazzazz system,It claims plug and play and includes F/R wheel sensors..

Wondering if this will clash with KIMS on the Gen 3?

http://www.gripone.com/en/gripone_pro.htm

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
This sounds to be more advanced way of doing traction control vs the Bazzaz. The Bazzaz just monitors the acceleration on the Crank. This carries wheel speed sensors and thus measures actual wheelspin vs acceleration.

However with that said, with owning the Bazzaz, the interface with the software is very easy. And these tools would be useless with out being able to tune them to your needs easily.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Well not that it helps right now, but the kawasaki shop i deal (the sons owner) is best friends with Carlos Checa's TECH guy for the suspension and TC...Going to talk to him about diferent options that are out there and his thoughts on what works the best.

The Bazazz seems to be the Bang for the Buc champ, if you have someone to help tune the system for the tire package your running.
I have a race team who says a good base will run about 10 hours or tuning & tracktime to get it dialed in right for trackday & street riders...and more adjustments and time for racers as it changes every track or per the weather conditions.

Ducati has the best TC system going right now on a streetbike as standard, will be intersting to see the kawi version or if they use a magnetti marelli system, like everyone else.

Hope to hook some kind of system on my 636 in future, and possibly retrofit the 1198S on my 1098.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well not that it helps right now, but the kawasaki shop i deal (the sons owner) is best friends with Carlos Checa's TECH guy for the suspension and TC...Going to talk to him about diferent options that are out there and his thoughts on what works the best.

The Bazazz seems to be the Bang for the Buc champ, if you have someone to help tune the system for the tire package your running.
I have a race team who says a good base will run about 10 hours or tuning & tracktime to get it dialed in right for trackday & street riders...and more adjustments and time for racers as it changes every track or per the weather conditions.

Ducati has the best TC system going right now on a streetbike as standard, will be intersting to see the kawi version or if they use a magnetti marelli system, like everyone else.

Hope to hook some kind of system on my 636 in future, and possibly retrofit the 1198S on my 1098.
Find out the info..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts