Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gregg's Rear Turn Signal Install step by step w/pics>>

I've outlined the steps to install Gregg's Rear Turn Signals.

(1) Remove the passenger seat/cowl.

(2) Remove the tail section behind the passenger seat/cowl. It is held down by 2 allen head bolts (outlined in black in diagram). When you remove the piece, pull it forward torwards the front of the bike. There is a velcro strip holding the back of the tail piece down so you will feel some resistance.

(3) Remove the black rubber boot covering the wiring harnesses for the turn signals. Unplug the 3 connectors shown in the diagram.

Green - License Plate Lamp
Blue - Left turn lamp connector black in color
Red - Right turn lamp connector gray in color

Attachments

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
(6) You will need to drill a hole on the right side of the bike between the 2 mounting points for the fender. The hole is necessary to run the wires for the Gregg's signals. Use a 1/2 inch bit. You'll need some space for the wiring points on the signals to sit in the undertray properly.

(7) Attach the rear signals with the hardware provided.

(8) Route the wires to the wiring harnesses.

(9) Crimp the wires for the Gregg's Signals into the stock connectors. Remember Black is the ground. (you may want to test operability before you make the final crimp)

Black to Black/yellow stripe
Red to Green

(10) Attach the stock connectors back to the wiring harness.

(11) Put the bike back together, you're done.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
License Plate Relocation step by step w/pics>>

I relocated my license plate after removing the mud flap/fender. I re-used the plate bracket off of the stock assembly and relocated it under the tail.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
(1) Remove the passenger seat/cowl, plastic separator, and driver's seat from the bike.

(2) From under the driver's seat, lift up on the little doo-hickey mounted on the tab outlined in blue. Just lift straight up.

(3) From under the driver's seat, lift up the big honking box right behind the battery (don't know what it's called) Lift straight up to remove it from the 2 tabs outlined in red. This will expose the under tray.

(4) Mark and drill holes for the plate bracket. The bolts are shown mounted outlined in Green. These are the same bolts that held the plate bracket to the mud flap. A 3/8 inch bit should work fine.

*You'll need the change the orientation of the bracket 180 degrees when you attach to the bottom of the bike. Play with the orientation of the plate and bracket before you attach. It will make sense once you do this.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.