Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an '08 ZX-10 to replace my beloved ZX-9 ('02) which in a fit of idiocy I sold a year or so ago. I bought the faster black one.

Anyway... I've already started getting the bug to mod the thing. I'm a Machinist so I make alot of my own stuff and as such, was wanting input on some parts I could build at work that the market doesn't currently offer.

BTW... What an absolutely incredible bike! I'm still suffering through the break-in period and it's killing me.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
unless he becomes a site sponsor promoting his craft here is against policy.

BD
Let me elaborate... I build stuff for aerospace. I can't make a living making stuff for motorcycles, just not enough markup to make it worth while. I might do some off the clock fabrication of parts but mostly I was just looking for ideas for things I could make for myself that would be cool.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Let me elaborate... I build stuff for aerospace. I can't make a living making stuff for motorcycles, just not enough markup to make it worth while. I might do some off the clock fabrication of parts but mostly I was just looking for ideas for things I could make for myself that would be cool.
How about some restrictor plates for the throttle bodies so you can keep the front end down once the break in is done.:mrgreen: :welcome:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Custom rearsets, lightweight billet triple clamp, titanium exhaust hangers, lightweight clip ons.

There's a ton of stuff. If you look at some of the exotics and their aftermarket, you can get some idea.

If you have some time, there's a BMW motorcycle that I'd love to have some caliper adapters made up. 65mm to radial adapters... :wink:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts