Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just got my hands on a shiny new ZX-10r, and so far I can't say I'm disappointed.

I've been doing some research on the forums into exhausts and am still clueless as to what my first upgrade should be.

As of now, I am on the fence between the Akra or the Termignoni. I've heard good things about them both.

I live in Las Vegas and it seems as though there is a shop i ntown that sells both. Their site (bellissimoto-2.shopify.com) has them listed, and although they are both pricey, I am committed to buying one to get the best out of my ZX. I called ahead and they said they would give me a good discount.

So I am wondering, has anyone tried these out, and if so which is the better choice. Also is there anythign else on the site that is a must have?

I've never truly gotten into the upgrades market, but I have a more solid income now so its time to explore!

Please let me know.

·
Registered
569 Posts
You will need to flash/tune your ecu if you delete the catalytic converter. There are many reputable companies out there that flash ecus (sportbikeunlimited, FTECU, Woolich, Nel's (I have a nels flash on my bike right now), Guhl, just to name a few off the top of my head). Flashing the ECU involves removing the ecu and mailing it to the company to flash it and have them mail it back. Or you can by a bike side harness or bench kit and flash the ecu yourself from a databases containing maps. Or you can have the bike tuned on a dyno.

I wouldn't except many local motorcycle shops to have a specific brand exhaust for a specific bike. I have a lot of experience with Akra. They are high quality in all regards. I have also had a lot of Graves exhaust products. They are also top notch. Either are awesome. Yoshi is nice too. I do not know much about Termingnoni, I have heard good things though. Two brothers is also good for the money.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
Welcome to the party!

Between the two exhausts, the Akrapovich is by far the more popular option. You don't see too many Termignoni's that aren't on a Ducati. The quality is very nice, but you just won't find much feedback for the ZX-10 with that one I'm afraid.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
:welcome: Jzx10rO! :welcome:

The Akra is your best choice by far- Termi's are great for Ducati's but for 10R's I believe the Akra will suit your needs better. But either will be quality in any case. Can't say much about a Two Brothers other than I have never had one.

·
Registered
461 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well I had both my 2 brother's was nice and loud which I like cause iam in the city so they here me coming my M4 is not as loud but looks better . Really didn't make much more power they were both shorty

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts