Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Green LED running lights are............

• Green LED's........ might as well have faux fur you squid.

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Green LED's are just fine (heck they might even be cool)

Votes: 19 67.9%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some of the Superbright LED's for the front running lights.
I got 2 bright white and 2 green.
So far I've only been using the whites, because I can't decide whether the greens are squidly or not.
I ride at night a lot, and have Sylvania Silverstar lights already, but I think the green running lights might add some visibility for the cagers. Maybe the bright green would catch their attention better.
So....... are the green LED's for squids or not?

·
Registered
5,228 Posts

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
ninja6r said:
I've never seen green ones so I don't know but I will say they are probably very illegal
At least in TX there are illegal. Only color allowed is amber. Law isn't enforced much (around here anyway), but if the local PD or the Highway PD wanted to give you grief, it does open the door for them.

·
Registered
261 Posts
They're too cheap to be squidly. It's interesting. I just got mine and will probably install them tomorrow. My friends know I'm all about function over form. If some cage happens to notice me because of my green running lights it's $20 well spent.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Still looking into this but i think i want the bright whites. I got a blue bike and the po po might want my ass for blue.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
day clean!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Green is legal in NM, the only illegal color is red, and flashing (wig/wag) lights are prohibited.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yeah I just tried the green ones and I'm not sure about them either. I think that the color is just not close enough to match the bike but it is also a pretty cool and different mod and cool light color, so I may use them. As for being noticed, at night they are definitely an eye catcher, whether they look good or not is up for debate. I think they are alright but probably will just go straight white. Does anybody have pics of the whites with the silverstars? I wanna see if they match close enough or not...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The bright white LED's look more blue/white than the Silverstars, they have more of a HID look to them.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have the UV running lights. I get compliments all the time. It was a cheap mod that really makes your bike stand out. I say go for it....

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
i like, do they come in orange?

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts