Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After so long trying to correct previous owner’s issues, we’re making progress but running into new problems...

We’re using the Graves Sports Flash Tuning Kit hardware and software to complete the flash/tune but the mechanic texted me as follows “So I got the quickshifter working. And the flash done. But I'm not getting over 168hp. I'm waiting for some one to get back to me from flash tune. It's like it's still on the stock map”.

I figured for a 2017 ZX10R w/ a new standard sprint P08 filter that 168HP would be a normal base HP number. He said he already knows about throttle mapping and disabling restrictions but it’s not making anymore power on the dyno for some reason...

Any further thoughts on this would be appreciated.

*posting this across multiple threads that are relevant to this topic

·
Registered
97 Posts
What does the curve look like? In F power mode, and that’s the mode he’s adjusted the ETV maps in I assume? That’s the easiest way to tel if the restrictions are throttle maps or something else.

I’m not familiar with the graves tuning software, but I have quite a bit of experience with woolich and dyno time on my bike, so I’ll try to help the best I can.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,232 Posts
Why was the Graves kit used? I'm not familiar with that enough either or what it's capable of. Sounds like he doesn't really know how to use it correctly. And what does "throttle mapping" actually mean? He's mapping the ETVs to try and get more power out of it? Doesn't work like that. Neither does "derestricting" it. He should be adjusting the ignition and fuel mapping to tune it for more power. And he would need to tune and run it in open-loop mode. If he is trying to tune it in closed-loop, that won't work.

Like SeventeenRR said, post up the chart to see what's going on with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts