Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would like a db killer, but Graves doesn't make one.
Any thoughts on using another one maybe from Leo Vince?
or making one?
thanks

·
Registered
926 Posts
Please elaborate. Which yosh dB killer fits? One track near my will say my Graves is too loud since my last dB reading was 108 and they require 106.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Awesome find brother. I know it's been talked about in the past as a drawback with the graves, but I don't recall this option ever being mentioned. Does it slip right in, or did you need to add a screw to secure it?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Out of curiosity, how much quieter is it, did it effect engine feel at all? Just curious if it would it require a new map for the track.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have not noticed an performance loss with it in. It is considerably quieter throughout all RPM's, I can sneak into the neighbourhood late at night and not piss off the neighbours.

For install, you0 just insert the DB killer all the way in, where it stops you will notice that the set screw aligns with a groove that is on the inside of the Graves pipe, I ran a set screw in and it tightened right up, no buzzing or rattling. The Db killer will stay put even without the set screw, but the screw gave me peace of mind

·
Registered
926 Posts
I have not noticed an performance loss with it in. It is considerably quieter throughout all RPM's, I can sneak into the neighbourhood late at night and not piss off the neighbours.

For install, you0 just insert the DB killer all the way in, where it stops you will notice that the set screw aligns with a groove that is on the inside of the Graves pipe, I ran a set screw in and it tightened right up, no buzzing or rattling. The Db killer will stay put even without the set screw, but the screw gave me peace of mind
Perfect. I'm getting one asap, thanks!

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Thats very interesting, i do find the graves a little too loud when i ride on the street.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Graves Full System in Need of Db killer

Does anyone know if the "slip on" Graves Exhaust can is the same internal diameter as the "Full system" Graves Exhaust can. I know the item of interest being discussed is the Slip on model, yet I have the Full system and need a silencer for an upcoming track day. Thanks for any help guys. I just measured the internal diameter of my full Graves and it measures exactly 55mm or approx. 2 1/4".

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Its the same then, should be 54mm though.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Thank you Rafa for your posting. I did double check the following day with Graves and confirmed your statement. For those who may read this thread and wonder if the Graves slip on differs from the Graves full can, yes they do, but the internal diameter where the db silencer would go is identical.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Thank you Rafa for your posting. I did double check the following day with Graves and confirmed your statement. For those who may read this thread and wonder if the Graves slip on differs from the Graves full can, yes they do, but the internal diameter where the db silencer would go is identical.
Good stuff.
And yeah 54mm is kinds of a standard number, I think most Yoshi cans and Hindles are 54mm. Then you have the big 60mm.

Interesting that the cans are different though. Wonder whats the difference.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Good stuff.
And yeah 54mm is kinds of a standard number, I think most Yoshi cans and Hindles are 54mm. Then you have the big 60mm.

Interesting that the cans are different though. Wonder whats the difference.
The gentlemen that I spoke with at Graves that was kind enought to hunt down the specifications of each can, said that the can length (although) minute, was different....He said something about the length making a difference in the power output.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts