Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I very rarely have to work the grave shift at my hotel but wow does it suck. I do it maybe twice a year when people get sick and I dont know how people do it for a living. Im dieing and just want to be out of here but still have another two and a half hours. Just wanted to complain :mrgreen:

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I'm a full time night auditor and have been for the last 2 years!

Takes a strong person to work at night!:lol:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm a full time night auditor and have been for the last 2 years!

Takes a strong person to work at night!:lol:
Man i respect that, its a really tough job. Lucky for me it was really slow today so I just watched law abiding citizen and played on the internet. Only a couple minutes left and I can go home and not have to worry about it hopefully for awhile.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I worked a 10pm to 8am shift a looooong time ago when i was younger and it was cool BUT sucked at the same time. kinda strange but there were a few things i liked about it but i think there were more that i truly hated!!

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Been working the night shift since Sept of last year. Haven't worked at night for 10 years, and it hurt me bad at first. See more degenerates and other crapola at night for sure. More used to it now but a dayshift slot that is opening up in a month or so is mine. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yeah the grave shift is no fun and hard to get use to. I have been going to school full time for the past two years and working 10pm to 7am shift the whole time....
It is really hard to get into a routine.

·
GEN II Driver
2,879 Posts
nights are good and bad. we work round the clock and i actually prefer night... quieter, cooler and better hunting. hardest part for you i'm sure is going back and forth to day/night. that does seriously suck. takes me about a week to get adjusted but after that not so bad. ambien if you can get it to force yourself to sleep during the day.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I work 5pm til 5am @ a steel plant & in the last 3 yrs ive jumped btwn night & day shift 3 or 4 times so my body dont know what the heell to think lol

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
Been working the night shift since Sept of last year. Haven't worked at night for 10 years, and it hurt me bad at first. See more degenerates and other crapola at night for sure. More used to it now but a dayshift slot that is opening up in a month or so is mine. :mrgreen:
worked nights for almost 8 years, 6p-6a. finally had a dayshift position come open, been on days for about 4 months, still 12 hour shift, 6a-6p. its amazing how much better you feel working days, i almost feel like a normal human now! its hot as fk in the daytime, but much safer imo, i can see what is around me rather than only what a mag-lite will show me.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
but there are pro's and con's to both....

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I did 7 pm to 7 am for a while. Nearly killed me. I cant handle that.
That's what i work, 35 day cycle i work 7 days & 7 nights...never more then 4 of either in a row. It's not bad, lots of time off working shift but i agree with always feeling tired.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
but there are pro's and con's to both....
I've been back on nights for a year and half now and it's killing me too.

I miss day shift, con is the big pita politics game... that's about the only one I can think of in our line of work:dontknow:

You and Mr. Honez enjoy those hours!:thefinger

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yes agree night shifts sucks. Used to work on 3 shift bases Morning , afternoon, night 10.00 pm .6.00 am.

Worked 5 years like that and during night shifts when back at home could hardly sleep during the day.

But it had it good things as well, can do a lot of things during day time specially in nice days.

regards Jo

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Something like 70% of serial killers worked off shift hours. Fact look it up:eyecrazy:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts