Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys like for a GPS mount?
I have a Garmin and would like to get it mounted. I went for a long ride yesterday and had to put my Garmin in my pocket and keep stopping to look at it.
Also how would you hard wire it to power it up? The Garmins Nuvvi's come with a cigarette light power supply.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Tech mount, RAM mount, and some others work well. I used a tech mount that attached the fork tube. flat mount with velcro. I wired a waterproof switched 12v socket to the battery to plug in my chargers. Worked great.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I went through many nuvis before I broke down and got a Zumo which works great on the bike. I wired it off the fuse box so it gets power when the key is turned on only. I use a RAM suction cup mount on top of the tank which makes it easy to switch it between all my bikes. Oh, I also use battery tender connectors on my connection for easy connect and disconnect. The zumo comes with a great powered Mount that doesn't ruin the power connection from the motorcycle vibration which was the big problem I had with the nuvis.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
I went through many nuvis before I broke down and got a Zumo which works great on the bike. I wired it off the fuse box so it gets power when the key is turned on only. I use a RAM suction cup mount on top of the tank which makes it easy to switch it between all my bikes. Oh, I also use battery tender connectors on my connection for easy connect and disconnect. The zumo comes with a great powered Mount that doesn't ruin the power connection from the motorcycle vibration which was the big problem I had with the nuvis.
I will note that TDH's installation is superior, though I never forgot to turn mine off. It had a bright light letting me know it was on. But a keyed on/off solution is best overall

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I am very happy with the power connection but I wouldn't say my actual mount is superior, but it does work for me. :) Here's the old one when I was still using the Nuvi:

And on the ZX6R with a RAM stem mount:

Very blurry shot of the Zumo. :)

RAM suction cup mount is wheelie approved though:

:)

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
I am very happy with the power connection but I wouldn't say my actual mount is superior, but it does work for me. :) Here's the old one when I was still using the Nuvi:

And on the ZX6R with a RAM stem mount:

Very blurry shot of the Zumo. :)

RAM suction cup mount is wheelie approved though:

:)
^^^^Lawbreakin' Whippersnapper!!!^^^^

The Tech mount I used could hold anything. With enough velcro I could probably mount the Mrs to it lol. :grin2:

Reactions: tdh

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
I just got one of those cheap plastic ball, snap together ones that go with the GPS and then clamped it around my steering damper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts