Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning guys. I am wondering how many of our racers or trackday guys have experience with gps lap timers?

There are a few options out there and Ian looking for one that can offer not only a good lap timer, but a easy to use gps software that will make data reading simple. Are there any options out there that you feel strongly about?

Thanks for your time.

Justin.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I can't speak for other brands, but I currently use a Starlane Stealth 3X GPS lap timer. It works wonderful. You can power the gps in two ways, one using the 12 volt bike battery as more of a permanent option. The other is a 9 volt battery setup, which allows for easy transfer from bike to bike. As far as the software is concerned, Starlane provides software downloadable to only windows operating systems. Once downloaded, you transfer all the stored data from the gps to a thumb drive, then to the computer through the starlane program. The program will then read the data and plug it into all the different components such as lap times, split times, race lines, etc... I am not computer savvy by any means and I figured it out relatively easy. I can say that the only thing I didn't like about the Starlane is that you need a thumb drive to transfer the data, but it can be nice in other aspects.
If i missed anything, I'm sure these other studs on here will help me out.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have the starlane too ! Cant live without it anymore.. and its pretty accurate ! I compared the gps lap time to a beacon type and there was sometime .05 difference . Very easy to use !

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anyone used the XT software? The Race studio 2 from AiM looks pretty time intensive to learn.

The Starlane looks like it is not supported very well but offers the ability to overlay it onto Satelite images of the track as to better understand track placement

1 - 8 of 8 Posts