Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Just ordered a GPR stabilizer and some vortex foot pegs from one of the sponsors. Any advice on the install of the GPR? What setting are you running it on? Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gpr

i have one and i wouldent ride with out it. mine is on 8. It is alittle stiff in the beginning but you will get used to it. It will help you alot when you are doing 175 on the HWY

Cory
:zx_red:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
just got my vortex fully installed. when installing the shift rod be gental. the knuckle that connects to the shifter is brittle... it doesnt take shit to warp it, so no super wrenching on it. or it will be $29.00

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
You wil come to realize that the better you become at riding and the better your set-up becomes you can keep backing the gpr down. When I first started going to the track I had to have it set on 5, now that I have worked on the set-up, but mostly my riding skills it is down to 1.5 now. The install is straight forward and you should have no problems. I think a couple here have had the clamp that goes down over the steering stem pretty tight. If this happens you can sand it a little with a dremel tool. Enjoy.
As for the pegs, use blue loctite.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
8? I probably couldnt even turn the bar lol...On my 636 its at 2 or 2.5

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I did a search for GPR and found alot of info too. I didn't get the full rear sets only the pegs as I have heard of many breaking unexpectedly. I see the older GPRs may have come with short screws and tight fits, but the newer ones (pinless/8 numbers) seem to be straight from the box. I see the older ones had a pin and 6 numbers. I hope they (indysuperbikes) send me the newer version. They should be straight for what they cost.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Thats where I got mine from like 6 months ago...

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
^Are you being serious lol wow just wow I am surprised you didnt put a photo up too...LMAO unreal just unreal

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
hale said:
Didn't have one for my 636 nor do I have one for my ZX10. My 18" arms are my stablizers. :diablo_an
Your arms are only 18" long? Wow! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
58 Posts
hale said:
Didn't have one for my 636 nor do I have one for my ZX10. My 18" arms are my stablizers.
riding 80%, can you "flap an elbow" while leaned over? Buy a stabilizer and loosen your grip...although it's when the front end comes off the ground that a stabilizer starts doin it's main work I guess...

:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I have the GPR on mine and I set some of the suspension up some, it helped but the GPR did the most. I only have problems with steering twitch when under WOT and shifting as with the aggressive steering angle and front end being light it all makes it sketchy. I just like knowing that I dont have to worry about light head shakes or hitting a bump and having to worry about the head shake anymore.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
set it on 22 clicks and work them tricepts!!.. mine's on 11 but it's a little stiff, 8 is about right

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
22 clicks, on a GPR? I think the GPR only has a variable 8 position adjuster on the new design and 6 on the old design.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
ummmm yeah what he said...maybe his is a scotts? but I have never seen one up close

·
Registered
176 Posts
Perferd said:
^Are you being serious lol wow just wow I am surprised you didnt put a photo up too...LMAO unreal just unreal
For real Devil! 3rd Bat 5th Mar. baby! Semper Fi! It comes up 1st - 4th and wiggles and skips a little bit, but I always straighten out. Just can't freak out or over compensate. I do plan on getting one though, because me of all people knows shit happens, and with me talking a little shit, it's bound to happen. Knock on wood.

GRUNT FOR LIFE!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
hale said:
For real Devil! 3rd Bat 5th Mar. baby! Semper Fi! It comes up 1st - 4th and wiggles and skips a little bit, but I always straighten out. Just can't freak out or over compensate. I do plan on getting one though, because me of all people knows shit happens, and with me talking a little shit, it's bound to happen. Knock on wood.

GRUNT FOR LIFE!
Yea, what he said.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts