Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a gpr v1 steering stabilizer at a good price so I jumped on it...Its in the mail and i'm anxious to get it. Lots of people keep telling me they leak. Just curious what you guys think of the gpr v1!? Also if it leaks is there a way to fix it or is it trash?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've recently aquired 1, not done any miles on it yet but I was 1/2 way to doing a "How To" on refreshing the fluid. {then decided I couldn't be bothered.} Only joking; It is harder to explain than it is to do.
Reason being: it had air in it when I got it, so had it leaked or been tampered with by previous owner ? :dontknow:
IIRC the USA distributors / retailers offer some type of free after care ? But in England they charge quite a lot of :dollarbil
Am sure there are a couple of threads on here about them ? If not try google, I have definitely seen somethin, cos I knew nothing about them till I researched them recently.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yes they leak, and its easy to refill them. There's four Flathead screws bleed each one individually.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I own 4 different GPRs (all V1) on different bikes. Three never leaked a drop in numerous years. The one on my race dirt bike started leaking after about 2 years. Sent it back to GPR and they replaced the seals and put fresh fluids in it for free (you just pay shipping). No issues since.

They will service it for life for free to the original owner (receipt required). It will cost you a big $25 otherwise.

One thing I was told to do was turn the knob every time you get on the bike. I never did this on the one that leaked.

I had to fab a custom mount for the one on my ZRX (they don't make one for it). They were very helpful providing information including dos and don'ts.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I've never run one on the street, but i've owned several on my dirtbikes.

I ran 1 on 3 different MX bikes for over 5 years and not a single problem. I cannot begin to tell you what that thing went through.:eyecrazy:

They make quality parts for sure.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I cannot begin to tell you what that thing went through.:eyecrazy:
They take a beating in the dirt for sure. I still vividly remember my first race after installing my new GPR. There was a rhythm section right in front of the grand stands that I had always did double / double. I was feeling good so I though I could triple in, but I was wrong. I plowed into the third jump, but kept going.

After the moto my wife ran up to me and said, how the hell did you not crash. Everyone in the stands gasp when you shorted the triple. That was the first of many times the GPR saved my A55.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I had a v1 on my 06 636...18k miles and had no issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts