Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First ride today with the damper, this thing does its job. I can go full throttle in first and get 0 shake. I have it set to 1.75 and I have a slight shake if I hit a dip in the road, but 2 made the setting feel stiff and unconnected.
I like the damper and it does its job. I can totally lock up the brakes and the rear no longer is able to begin to even feel like it wants to come around on me.

I will say that the Ohlins I used on the 636 did make the front end feel better (more solid and planted) than the GPR does on the 10r. I like the GPR but to do it over again I would have gotten an Ohlins...your opinion may vary. Although Ohlins does bind when going from lock to lock and it is very noticable. So U-turns suck.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
thanks for the feedback.

I think the GPS should be considered by those on a budget as our bikes need a dampner.

I am VERY happy with my Scotts.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
the scotts and gpr are like the same price

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I got a Scotts for $250 off a bud, even though I didn't really want one. Now that it's on the bike I think I like it. I'm currently running it about 11-14 clicks out. Any stiffer than that and the steering starts to feel kind of dead. I did crank up the high speed circuit 1/2 turn from stock though. Nice unit, I just wish it fit a little better with the stock key :-(

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I bet I have the most twitchy bike on the forum, and the GPR works for me...:badteeth:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Took my first ride with my GPR tonight and like you guys said worlds of difference from nothing at all. I like it.......... :)

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It does its job straight up but leaned over the Ohlins is better IMO
maybe I should have said it like that from the beginning

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
gladding24 said:
I just wish it fit a little better with the stock key :-(
There is no interference with the key. Turn the unit 180 degrees. The damper will still mount and work as designed.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Have never tried the scotts but I can find no complaints from the gpr damper. I leave mine on setting 4 and am very happy.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
4 seems like it would be WAY too stiff for me

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
madkaw said:
Have never tried the scotts but I can find no complaints from the gpr damper. I leave mine on setting 4 and am very happy.
:+1: Me too.

BN, if 4 seem to stiff for you, I would say that is good, because it means your bike is pretty stable.....IMO anyway...

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got my stock stuff dialed in pretty well, I only got the damper for the head shake when hard on the gas and to give myself that little bit of extra confidence...2 was too stiff for me so I began dialing it back over a few runs on my 'test' road.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts