Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't had a chance to test it but I must say that I'm enormously disappointed that I needed to dremel the clamp mount to get it to fit over the steering stem. This didn't take more than 5 minutes but these things should be delivered in a working condition...however, my damper paddle thing fit in easily and didn't require much grease. I will get a chance to test ride this on the weekend to see what I think of its real world performance.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Could you be more specific. I put the same damper on with no problems.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the middle hole that goes over the steering stem

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Well that stinks...did you call GPR and tell them the problem?

Perhaps you recieved the wrong model...A baseplate for a bike with a smaller steering stem?

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
i didnt have to cut or drill anything on my damper

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
makes me wonder if they made a mistake and not sent you one designed for the 10......cause mine took about 5 mins to install....everything fit perfect....you might want to give them a call just to let them know in case you have problems later on......you won't be disappointed in the performance and their customer service!

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When researching the GPR sport riders test unit for the zx6r had the exact same problem...seemed all I needed to take off was the anodize and as soon as it got to shiny metal the thing started to go so I twisted it and rocked it into place with some wd40 to make her like a greased pig and push her into place.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
slava said the delay in me getting it was for them to find another anodizer maybe it was put on too thick? Took me over 5 weeks to get it!

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there is no torque spec for the bolts...the steering stem is 58ft lbs.
the instructions say do not over tighten..which means hand tight with loc-tite.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thread locker...liquid to make sure vibration doesn't loosen the bolt

·
Registered
390 Posts
Same as others have said - I installed mine about 4 months ago and have had several track days with it - fit perfect all of it. No problems I think ya got a bad one. Call em

·
Registered
442 Posts
Shannon Sanders said:
Same as others have said - I installed mine about 4 months ago and have had several track days with it - fit perfect all of it. No problems I think ya got a bad one. Call em
Same here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts