Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a GPR dampener from one of our site sponsors and installed it last night. After install I steered the bars back and forth and noticed at the end of each turn the GPR gives a little. It goes from stiff to not at all when the bars reach the end of the turn. Is this Normal? I don’t think it would affect anything other than pulling a U or maneuvering in a parking lot. Any comments or similar experiences? Oh and it's the 1.0 basic version

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I recently purchased a GPR dampener from one of our site sponsors and installed it last night. After install I steered the bars back and forth and noticed at the end of each turn the GPR gives a little. It goes from stiff to not at all when the bars reach the end of the turn. Is this Normal? I don’t think it would affect anything other than pulling a U or maneuvering in a parking lot. Any comments or similar experiences? Oh and it's the 1.0 basic version
Never noticed it on mine but maybe there is air trapped in it, it may work itself out:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I am pretty sure that is part of the design, mine does it too and it was brand new. They must think that if the bars are that close to lock and the bike is still moving that you are no where near them. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

What's a dampener?
damp·en(dmpn)
v. damp·ened, damp·en·ing, damp·ens
v.tr.
1. To make damp.
2. To deaden, restrain, or depress: "trade moves . . . aimed at dampening protectionist pressures in Congress" Christian Science Monitor.
3. To soundproof.
v.intr.
To become damp. :jerkit: :rolleyes:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Maybe a super soaker squirt gun zip tied to the triple clamp

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
damp·en(dmpn)
v. damp·ened, damp·en·ing, damp·ens
v.tr.
1. To make damp.
2. To deaden, restrain, or depress: "trade moves . . . aimed at dampening protectionist pressures in Congress" Christian Science Monitor.
3. To soundproof.
v.intr.
To become damp. :jerkit: :rolleyes:
Your all a bunch of gawd damn back wood rednecks:thefinger

·
Gone
673 Posts
I think casey knows what it is, he was just making fun of the other guys spelling.

Am i pointing out the obvious or did i miss the 'joke about the joke'

If so then sorry, must be cause of different senses of humour in parts of the world :thumbsup:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,390 Posts
FYI - A DAMPER is something used to DAMPEN. Like 9R said, a DAMPENER is a Super Soaker!!! GPR makes a steering DAMPER.

So, now that the grammar lesson is over, just go get an Ohlins!!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
thats just the airbuble in your dampener if you didnt have an airbuble in your damper when the oil inside the dampner expandes during use your dampener would become less affective.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats just the airbuble in your dampener if you didnt have an airbuble in your damper when the oil inside the dampner expandes during use your dampener would become less affective.
:idea: That makes sense!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
EFFECTIVE.

Damn, I got two of you in the same thread.

Don't hate on me I was just stirring up trouble. I know what a damper is.:mrgreen:
Besides, I may be a "gawd damn back wood redneck" but at least I know how to use a dictionary. The definitions for 'damp' and 'dampen' are arguably similar, but while you put up the definition for 'dampen' you didn't put up the definition for 'DAMPENER', the word in question.

That's because 'dampener' isn't a word.
But 'damper' is.

So backwoods redneck THAT, biatch.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ninja187 is correct!

It is a steering DAMPER.

don't nobody get all sore about it . . . he's just learnin' ya' English . . .

:crackup:

We Kawasaki riders don't want to be illiterate or crude like those commoners on the other liter bike forums. Check them out. You'll see what I mean. This web site was about 1/3 of the reason I bought a ZX-10R. Especially the sticky authored by hillcountry10r.

Kawasaki has 9.1% of the motorcycle market, last I read. We don't see ourselves coming and going everywhere. Elite, perhaps. Smart, absolutely!

:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts