Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!!

I've just been doin a bit of research on the site and have a few questions some might be able to help with. One of the first mods I bought for my 07 10R was a PCIII. I knew I needed one for aftermarket pipes and it was cheaper to buy a PCIII than pipes. Now I'm startin to get pretty serious with maintenance and spendin $$$$ on my bike (not that I have much to start with). I like the GP style exhaust for the looks and sound and they seem a lot cheaper than a full system.

So here are my Q's

Do the majority of slipon/gp style exhausts eliminate the use of the exhaust baffles(i think), effectively giving the same flow as a full system? :dontknow:

and

The ZX-10 is a quick bike anyways so I'm not after massive HP gains. So would a dynotuned GP/Slipon pipe pretty much give similar HP Gains as a full system? :dontknow:

It may seem like a dumb question that everybody asks but once I spend money on a pipe, if I don't like it, or it runs shitter, I gotta spend more to replace it. I was always gonna buy a full system but they seem way too expensive and if I can spend a bit less for pretty much the same results, I'll be able to spend that money on other bits instead! :wink:

Any help, opinions, suggestions would be very cool, perhaps awesome.

Cheers! :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
99 Posts
well, for starters, no dynotuned slip on will have the same HP gain as a tuned full system, nor will it have the same flow.
since you don't want to spend much $$ (and since you say you are not really after massive HP) go with the slip on that first catches your eye (and your ear mind you).
also, there is no way it will run shittier with just a slip on
:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
208 Posts
well I have an 05 with lots of work done to it, but I really don't give a shit if I lose a bit of torque. you hear me, and if those piece of shit harleys can run straight pipes I can run a BozBro pipe so fuck 'em

·
Registered
781 Posts
If you do gp, make sure you leave the swing arm plate in. I personally like the dual setup but many forget to replace the swing arm re-enforcement plate when they change exhaust style

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
So that's not a heat gaurd and actually needs to be there? I'm bout to order a muzzy gp and had planned on removing that as well. Good heads up man.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,342 Posts
well, for starters, no dynotuned slip on will have the same HP gain as a tuned full system, nor will it have the same flow.
since you don't want to spend much $$ (and since you say you are not really after massive HP) go with the slip on that first catches your eye (and your ear mind you).
also, there is no way it will run shittier with just a slip on
:eek:ccasion1
BULLSHIT..With a slip on only your bike can run shittier...The non tuned f/a ratio has been changed and now becomes less effective and therefore power loss is possible..PLUS you loose some fuel milage..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts