Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been thinking about this for quite a while after riding my buddy's Honda with GP shift thanks to his Vortex rearsets... It seemed more natural to me to tap down to a higher gear rather than pry the lever with my toes especially when you cranked over or at max throttle. There is something about my large boot twitching to get under that the shifter that upsets the whole bike... What about downshifting? Well, typically you are on your brakes and moving around anyways so it would not matter (to me at least)...

I am a cheap skate and did not want any expensive rear sets (the stock ones fit just fine), so this evening I sat down and spent 10 minutes to mod the shift pattern to 1 up and 5 down :idea:. It ended up working all too well :) There was some minor cutting involved but if someone points it out to you saying your bike has imperfections, just kick them in the nutz and send them off to the Harley dealer with a buket of chrome polish... :fu2:

So I took the little bold out turned the thing around to where the shifter felt best for my foot and then tagged the rod that sticks out of the tranny with a new notch to match the crack on the shifter lever calmp assemply (notice it was not directly across from the original mark).

-Nick

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.