Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Like the article said, Melandri is such a mystery, really weird to see a team with one bike at the front of the pack and the other clearly at the back.

Not too sure how Nicky would do on the Ducati though.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not too sure how Nicky would do on the Ducati though.
no way to know really, he may be an instant hit ala Stoneman or a complete flop. He may switch to the stones which is yet another factor for him, bike setup etc but one thing is quite clear 08 has been a horrific season to date and i doubt it'll get much better before it ends.

BD

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
no way to know really, he may be an instant hit ala Stoneman or a complete flop. He may switch to the stones which is yet another factor for him, bike setup etc but one thing is quite clear 08 has been a horrific season to date and i doubt it'll get much better before it ends.

BD
Actually to me, since he got the Air Valve bike, he seems to be more cometitive, seems like he is at least not having that huge fall off at the end of the race, and I like that he has fought back a few attacks for position, that shit last race was crap though, he earned that damn podium.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes he has the grit and determination of a winner thats for sure. His results are certainly not indicative of his talents but something has to give and this may be his chance.

BD

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I have heard that Melandri could be cut after Brno and the Ducati test rider who was just at Indy...can't remember his name....would finish up the season; making room for Nicky next season. Just rumors though.

I have also read about possible Vermulen not retaining his seat @ suzuki and going to the Tech 3 team which would make room for Spies. Also heard about Vermulen possibly getting one of the Xerox ducati rides in WSBK (if Bayliss wins the championship and retires) with Shakey Byrne getting the other (he is killing it in BSB).

Rumors are starting to fly like crazy....I love it. I do think it is a lock that Nicky will be on a Duck next year.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
What ever Nicky does, he needs to leave Honda, it was good while it lasted.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Screw Hayden!

Bring back Sete!!

(That'll get the old man's blood pumping.) :lol:

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Throwing me in there with the Gix crowd? :headshake

Oh what depths we've sunk to. :heyyou:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Shit if Hayden went to with a gsxr he would do a hella lot better than tha damn honda and he would still beat all ya kawi riders :1848:

·
Registered
551 Posts
There are a lot of things that suck about Nicky's situation. He has said that he really likes the air valve motor and has been doing great on it. Just freaking honda can't figure shit out and make it work right. I was pissed when that bike ran out of gas and colin skated across the line. Don't get me wrong I like Colin but Nicky earned that podium.

Now he keeps riding that air valve machine collecting all of this data for honda so that little midget pedrosa will have an even better bike next year. That sucks. For me it is kinda hard to picture Nicky in anything else except repsol leathers.

Do you think Dovi would go to repsol if Nicky leaves?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts