Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to go to home depot to get some ligh bulbs on my way out I seen his beautiful red camaro SS. I waited for him to pull out then I did and he fucking flew by me. I didn't jump on it at that moment. We got to the ligh and I pulled up next to him and said. Didn't no u wanted to race. He said lets get it. Well I noticed his plates said "tuff SS" so we take off and I launched shitty not thinking he can keep up but fuck hat thig flew!!!! I came around him after 2nd and blew his doors off. But damn that thing has balls. Get to the next light I say how many Hp. He said 670. I def belIeve it!!! My srt8 has 425 and it would have destroyed my 300c. So we race again and this time I destroyed him!!! But by far the he's car I've ever raced!!!! Just thought if share!!!We gave thumbs up and wen our ways but def respect that car!!!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was blown away on how fast it took off besides goin sideways lol. It def had cams and other goodies. It just sat there shakin!!!! But I got the best of him like expected but I def didn't think it would go like it did.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Yea cars can be sneaky fast, but unless its over 800hp not much to worry about with our bikes. My camaro can take out a 600cc pretty easy, but a 1k bike is no joke.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i used have an 1980 Camaro manual 550 hp , every mod you can think of . i smiled every time i got in that car , had to sell it because i'm living in Miami . tooooo many cops here and couldn't drive that car slow

·
Banned
311 Posts
1998+ Camaro/Firebirds and the 1997+ Corvetted have GM's LSx family of engines which are the best auto engines on the road and can make as much power as you need.
Don't sleep on the modded LSx cars out there.
600rwhp can be done with only exhaust and a bolt-on forded induction system and 600+ rwhp LSx cars are a dime a dozen.

If you come up against a 1997+ Corvette with a built motor, fuel system, and enough boost, he might surprise the shit out of you and walk you if he can get traction.
Trust me. :mrgreen:

After owning/building all of the above, I'll say the Camaro makes a great 1/4 mile car and the 1997+ Corvette is the best platform to modify for street or track.
Sure, the GTR is a technological marvel. But, it's too cost prohibitive and complicated to actually work on, or consistently race, in my opinion.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Love Camaros especially the 69.
Me 2 man, and the newer body styles look pretty sweet imo. Same with Dodge Challenger.

I actually bought a trashed 86 Grand National about 6 years ago, with the intention of fixing it up but never had the time so had to sell it. Those were pretty cool cars for their time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah it takes about 800 horsepower to run with my 3rd gen depending on the weight of the car. I ran my friends Switzer E900 GTR and we were dead even until 170 then he pulled me. That GTR is no joke.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Me 2 man, and the newer body styles look pretty sweet imo. Same with Dodge Challenger.

I actually bought a trashed 86 Grand National about 6 years ago, with the intention of fixing it up but never had the time so had to sell it. Those were pretty cool cars for their time.
:+2: 3 of my favorite cars. I' ve always wanted a Grand National! That car surprised the shit out of peole when it came out because it was so fast.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I miss my 02 WS6 409 stroked

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
:+2: 3 of my favorite cars. I' ve always wanted a Grand National! That car surprised the shit out of peole when it came out because it was so fast.
Man me too!!! Fastest production car 85-87 I believe. Those cars are like surpa's it doesn't take hardly anything to make those things stupid fast!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 20 of 104 Posts