Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so you all know I tossed my baby at Mid Ohio last week - broke a bunch of plastics but that's about it. So I call my insurance agent to see what filing a claim will do to my premiums. Short answer - nothing. A $5 per year increase on the bike, no increase on my cars. I'm like "Holy sh*t!".

But wait, it gets better!

So I ask her "Do you have an adjuster that needs to see the bike or should I get a few estimates?" and she says "Nah, just get one estimate and bring it in, we'll cut you a check on the spot as long as it's not over $5000."

So I just about to pass out while on the phone with her. Granted I haven't filed a claim in a long time but DAMN! :eyecrazy:

So I got a few online quotes and took the highest in and they cut me a check right there. Plus, she told me that if I find anything else wrong with it when I put it back together to just come back in and get another check!

Folks, if you're over 25 you should be insuring your baby with State Farm!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I tossed mine down at Beaverun 9/9. I was going to fix things myself, but i decided to turn it in. I got my check last saturday, took them all of a week once i made the claim.

state farm has been great to me, although my truck insurance is a ripoff.. :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
djblacksuperman said:
state farm was good 2 me when i downed the 03 r1 LE.... only problem i had was it took them FOREVER to send somebody out... i called and called and called, yea situation was resolved in about 3 months...

yamaha never made an 03 R1 LE. black w/ flames is not an LE. :beer:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Brandon said:
yamaha never made an 03 R1 LE. black w/ flames is not an LE. :beer:
Yep- true limited editons have xx/xxx designations or else it is just limited to however many they made, by that definition everything is limited.

Sienfeld and the ford LTD joke comes to mind.

State Farm with bike and van is cheaper than progressive was for van alone- hard to beat that.
And their commercials are about the least annoying of the group.

I'd pay extra to avoid giving that ass hat gieco gecko my money or progressive and their shitty ads- those ads got me to finally ditch progressive. Ended up saving money to boot.

·
Registered
94 Posts
mine fell over in the drive way about 2 weeks ago. rolled off the side stand.
went to the dealer and got prices 1950.00
called state farm and told them what took place. they said since it collided with the ground it would fall under collision. and that my deduct was 250
check arrived for 1700.00 last friday.
they did not want to see the bike they did not want anything, they just cut a check. said premimum was not going to go up.
so far I think they were great to deal with.
now I gotta get the parts ordered. and her all fixedx back up

·
Registered
616 Posts
State Farm rocks! Last year they gave me a check for $9800.00 for a slightly modded 04 zx10r when I decided to high side it in the mountains. It only took about 3 weeks to get a check. They even paid all my hospital bills. My insurance is cheaper on my 06 than it was on my 04!:dontknow:

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
too good to be true, you must be an undercover agent for State Farm, lol

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Yep State Farm is the SH!T. I haven't had to make a claim yet, knock on wood, but when I "HAVE" to I am confident in them. My premiums just ROCK through them too.

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
i have been with state farm for over 2 years and love their services.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I've been with State Farm for over 17 years.

So far:

- hit from behind in my truck. State Farm settled with me for $5k plus they gave me an extra $1k for medical treatment (back) and paid to have the truck repaired ($2000). Then they went after the guy who hit me themselves.

- new VFR stolen from parking garage in 1999. Bought the bike for $9200 otd. State Farm pays me $8500 - $500 deductible leaving me $8k. But engine for bike is recovered and I sell it for $600 which they also let me keep. So only lost $600 after riding it for about 4 months and bought another one right away.

And now, as many of you know, my beloved 05 Titanium ZX10R was stolen out of my parking garage last night (yes, the same one as the VFR, 7 years later). I already called State Farm and everything is set up. Will get forms tomorrow and send them back. Have to wait 3 weeks for the bike to officially be declared 'lost'. I checked Kelly Blue Book value on the 05's and it lists at $8120. If I can get $8k out of them (-$500 deductible) I will be happy. But truthfully, as good as State Farm is, I think it will be hard to get that much. I'm gonna try.

I'll keep ya posted.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
I'm glad you guys have had good experiences with Snake Farm...I mean State Farm. I've had to fight with them every freakin' time. They even accused me of trying to rip them off over a $20 claim difference from a previous claim for the exact same thing. Another time, 15K claim, they wanted to settle for 4K and that was with replacement cost homeowners. After 6 months, we settled on 11K. Do the math, it cost me 4K on that one.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Well, on the whole, most folks seem to have pretty good luck with State Farm. There are no compainies out there that won't end up fugging a customer here and there. From what I've seen with State Farm though, they just tend to do it less than all the other ones out there. Sorry you had to be one of the fella's that slipped through the cracks there gpz. Maybe you just got a jackass agent :dontknow:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Kickaho said:
Well, on the whole, most folks seem to have pretty good luck with State Farm. There are no compainies out there that won't end up fugging a customer here and there. From what I've seen with State Farm though, they just tend to do it less than all the other ones out there. Sorry you had to be one of the fella's that slipped through the cracks there gpz. Maybe you just got a jackass agent :dontknow:

That was part of it I'm sure. He was retiring and selling the business to a new agent when I called about commercial vehicle liability and general liability and was told they didn't sell those. So I went elsewhere. A couple of years down the line, and the new agent contacted me and said they did sell them, even back then and that I had made a bad move by dropping the auto side. Why you ask, because I had qualified by being a long term customer for a "no drop" clause endorsement on my policies. In other words, no matter how bad a boy I was, they would not stop insuring me. May have raised the rate so high that I dropped them, but they would not cancel me, ever. Hence my endearing name for them: Snake-Farm.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
lavudyar said:
Okay, so you all know I tossed my baby at Mid Ohio last week - broke a bunch of plastics but that's about it. So I call my insurance agent to see what filing a claim will do to my premiums. Short answer - nothing. A $5 per year increase on the bike, no increase on my cars. I'm like "Holy sh*t!".

So I ask her "Do you have an adjuster that needs to see the bike or should I get a few estimates?" and she says "Nah, just get one estimate and bring it in, we'll cut you a check on the spot as long as it's not over $5000."

So I just about to pass out while on the phone with her. Granted I haven't filed a claim in a long time but DAMN! :eyecrazy:

So I got a few online quotes and took the highest in and they cut me a check right there. Plus, she told me that if I find anything else wrong with it when I put it back together to just come back in and get another check!

:+1:
They've always done me right no matter what I managed to tear up. The quote thing is the same with my representative. I tell them I've had an accident and they ask me where I want to take it and how much money I need. Pretty cool considering the horror stories I've heard from friends and people on the web about other companies.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
lavudyar said:

Glad to here you made out good Ray, been with SF since I was 16. One thing bothers me though, we had the big 'ol discussion about "How Dangerous Mid-Ohio is and you still went out there, WTH? :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts