Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since when does a pace car come out in front of someone in 4th place?
Yea, as most of you who watched the race know, the commentators and audience were all thinkin---WTF are you doing now AMA?

Am I remebering previous yellows correctly?
Doesn't the pace car come out in front of #1 and then everyone catches back up?
Or at least the leader slows down along with everyone behind him to accomplish the same thing.

Should be interesting to see how the AMA fixes this...or doesnt.

Read up on it here<

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Yea, talk about a MAJOR f'up. The passenger in the pace car should have waved the other riders around until they pick up Zemke in 1st. But, for whatever reason, they didn't.

How about Duhammel getting up after his high side and getting back on his bike and finishing 4th???? I don't really like him, but that right there has got to be the most amazing thing I have seen. His helmet visor was busted and he had no screen either. He just jumped up, got his bike started and kept going. Awesome.

Was it just me or did the AMA seems to have it's head up its ass for the races this weekend? The superbike race was postponed for 15 minutes cause of oil on the track after the rider went down on the warm up lap. Does anyone know if the oil caused him to go down? Then the screw up with the pace car...The AMA had better get its act together...SOON.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
After watching that debacle, I now have no question in my mind that the AMA is run by total f**ktards. The reason the passenger in the pace car didn't wave the riders by as they were supposed to is that (get this) there was no passenger in the pace car! Ron Barrick (of the AMA) stated that they were short-handed. What a tool. Maybe they were short-handed 'cause everyone has recently quit or been fired.

Duhamel could have caught the front runners if he hadn't been almost a full lap down after the pace car incident. For that matter, so could have EBoz. Both of them are rightfully very pissed off. Supposedly, EBoz's team has protested the race results.

And furthermore, now there are rumours that the Buells aren't even running production engine cases. They've apparently interpreted the rules allowing unlimited modifications to allow melting-down the original cases and using the same metal to create new cases. As posted on Soup, at least they're using the same atoms. Maybe. :rolleyes:

And word is that Kevin Erion will protest the Buells, just to get clarification on what the rules actually are at this point.

I am beyond happy that none of those crappy bikes even managed to finish the race. Talk about poetic justice! :nutkick:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I was soo lokking forward this season too. Now, I guess I will pay more attention to SBK, as that series looks like its going to be a real neck and neck race for the championchip.....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Look at what's recently happened to the people running ama racing.Honda pulls out of the board,the top people resign,no title sponsor for superbike going into daytona and yamaha doesn't field a factory superbike effort!Not to MENTION THE CONFUSING LABELS ON CLASSES THAT ONLY SOME MANUFACTURERS CHOOSE TO RUN IN mostly due to the rules being skewed in their favor.and the honda pro oil's superstock? or supersport? sponsored class where they don't even field a factory team! I say merge ama with bsb and now we have some racing-with depth in the field!Oh and I can remember that formula extreme used to be a run what ya brung class in wera and it was awesome and scary.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
CanyonCarver said:
After watching that debacle, I now have no question in my mind that the AMA is run by total f**ktards. The reason the passenger in the pace car didn't wave the riders by as they were supposed to is that (get this) there was no passenger in the pace car! Ron Barrick (of the AMA) stated that they were short-handed. What a tool. Maybe they were short-handed 'cause everyone has recently quit or been fired.

Duhamel could have caught the front runners if he hadn't been almost a full lap down after the pace car incident. For that matter, so could have EBoz. Both of them are rightfully very pissed off. Supposedly, EBoz's team has protested the race results.

And furthermore, now there are rumours that the Buells aren't even running production engine cases. They've apparently interpreted the rules allowing unlimited modifications to allow melting-down the original cases and using the same metal to create new cases. As posted on Soup, at least they're using the same atoms. Maybe. :rolleyes:

And word is that Kevin Erion will protest the Buells, just to get clarification on what the rules actually are at this point.

I am beyond happy that none of those crappy bikes even managed to finish the race. Talk about poetic justice! :nutkick:
:+1:
It's not like other series don't have screw-ups, but the AMA shows time and time again that even simple stuff is beyond their abilities.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mach Man,
I'm pretty sure the oil was on the track before that guy went down, because it went past the 2nd turn in the chicane.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
What a load of crap.....They would like you to believe that it didn't affect the outcome of the race, but hoe can you be sure????

·
Registered
940 Posts
Kind of off topic,but is it just me or did anybody else see the crashed rider flipping fans off? Im not sure why he would but thats what it looked like

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Yep. That was Fania. The same guy that Yates drop-kicked a while back after they came together and wrecked. Nobody seems to know what caused the wreck or why he was flyin' the double-bird. Although I was very down on Yates for his actions, I'm beginning to think maybe he had the right idea.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I just covered this same thing in my podcast - the AMA has no biz whatsoever being a sanctioning body. They have proven over and over again that they have no clue how to run racing of any type, let alone roadracing. They allow races to be run at unsafe facilities (anyone remember Loudon?), they make up rules that are partial to HD (dirt track anyone?), and fail to enforce any rule at any time - arbitrarily - depending on how they feel about the violator. What a load of crap - I really hate that the AMA can totally destroy any enjoyment I might have found in roadracing in America.

Thank God for SBK!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Do you guys in the US get to see the BSB series over here in the UK? Looks a lot more professional and closer racing than the AMA.

I though that Ben Bostrum would have done better than Hodgson based on testing times, not that I am complaining having a brit up near the top :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I wish - it's too bad really. I used to get Eurosport on sat. when I lived in CA but it looks like the sat. company dropped it.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Dunno why he was giving the double bird, or to whom. If the AMA was like the NBA, he'd get fined. Then again, if the AMA was like the NBA it would be able to host a successful event!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts