Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I found out a few days ago that I could do a track day at one of my favorite tracks for $50 and two canned goods. They would only allow 40 bikes total (we only had about 25-30 for two groups) and also cars. Weather was calling for 68 and sunny here so I said hells yeah. This morning had a bad fog, till about 10:30ish. Set a new personal best time at the track and felt like I had a great end to my track season. Hope to shave another 10-15 seconds off next season, already down about 25 seconds from where I started. I know, I was VERY slow, now I am just slow...

Mine is the blue 3rd gen on the left. Goldfish has the Green 1st gen on the right. next pics show the cars and the fog.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this is how it looked in the afternoon when it cleared up.

Attachments

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
nice pics!!!! thanks for sharing!!!!

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
You lucky dawgs! We went on a sunday ride today. I got about 320 miles in, and pulled off a few good one wheel stands :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man I did more power wheelies today then ever before in a day... It seems every turn the front end would just come right up.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Looks like ECR?? Was it with ride smart?
Have you ever made it to MSR in Cresson?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like ECR?? Was it with ride smart?
Have you ever made it to MSR in Cresson?
Yep, ECR... Yeah, my last TD was at MSRC. This was not with ridesmart, but an event that ECR hosted on their own, thus the cars. They opened it to non members and it was $50 and two canned goods or a toy. This was for charity.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
man I did more power wheelies today then ever before in a day... It seems every turn the front end would just come right up.
sounds like a good time :cool: Guess ill have to check out ECR eventually, the drive has kept me away. . .

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I've never been on a track with cars running the same day. Was there any excess residue on the track? I've ridden Roebling road the day after vintage bikes ran, and the first 4 sessions were down right scary due to oil and grime at some spots.

Either way, looks like you guys had a great time for a good cause. Did you guys run the short (1.7miles) or long track (2.5miles) version?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the long track, and no issues with the cars out there... except that they had to send the sweeper out after them a few times due to off track excursions that resulted in some mud and rocks on the track. The biggest issue was the moisture in the morning, even after the fog was gone it was still slick for the first session we did.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Yep, ECR... Yeah, my last TD was at MSRC. This was not with ridesmart, but an event that ECR hosted on their own, thus the cars. They opened it to non members and it was $50 and two canned goods or a toy. This was for charity.
What a deal! Gotta love Texas weather!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Today is even nicer... 70 and sunny!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts