Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to give a huge thanks to my buddy Nick Palmer at Big St Charles Motorsports for the support not only from Big St Charles, but the big help from Kawasaki themselves! I would also like to thank Eric Vallarta at Velocity Calibrations for shooting my bike on his magic geometry machine and coming up with some secret improvements that can be made. Can't wait to ride it!

Bunch more pics here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.194614084228728.1073741839.100010404123900&type=1&l=30f6bd86e6

I'll also use this thread as my build thread.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Currently they are finishing the software update to measure actual anti squat, so we go by swing arm angle.
Does it measure where the center of mass of the bike by any chance? The anti-squat-angle almost looked like the angle between the center of mass and the tire contact point on the picture.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Does it measure where the center of mass of the bike by any chance? The anti-squat-angle almost looked like the angle between the center of mass and the tire contact point on the picture.
So the way it works is you draw a imaginary line through the center of the swinarm (axle and swing arm pivot), then another line is drawn along the chain forward. You mark where the two points intersect, then measure from that point to the contact point of the tire. This gives you your anti squat angle number. The intersection of the swing arm angle and chain can be referred to as the instantaneous force center.

This gets a bit complicated as this angle is dynamic and changes with different scenarios. I would say grab a book like RT's Suspension Bible as it gives a pretty good explanation and isnt overly complicated.

Bottom line is swingarm angle is MUCH easier to measure and you can use it to setup up the bike and have accurate results.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Son of a bitch. I was flipping through the Kawasaki Service Update 2016 booklet this morning and got to the model variation page that listed the different models and noticed a sentence under the list that said "All are California Models". It didn't register right away but I was just down in the garage stripping the fairings off and noticed I had an O2 sensor and an evap canister. Then I remembered what I had read earlier. Apparently ALL models are California models! I'm sure this was discussed somewhere but I must have missed it.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh, and Eric, we should have looked through that book a little more when I was over there yesterday. There is some pretty good info about the suspension and the inserts.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So I pulled some of the fairings and like I mentioned, realized I had a California model (as does everyone else). I went to test fit the race fairings from my GEN4 and although I could probably drill holes and "make" them fit, they don't bolt right up like I was under the impression they would. I think I'll wait and get fairings designed for the GEN5 although I heard Armor Bodies is looking at April now before they'll have any, and I need some before then preferably.

A few pics:

1 - 20 of 129 Posts