Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys i did it i bought the 05 titanium its freekin cold here in nyc so hard to realy open her up but i did whip her around my nieghborhood ....i was wondering drove her for 5 mi i reved the engin in nuetral warmed up of course and hit 10 grand real quick twice fast to seat the piston rings i couldnt of done any damage bu doing that right manual says kep it under 4000 for the first 600 mi i hit 10000 at 3 mi ..?? seems fine

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
BMW528I said:
OK guys i did it i bought the 05 titanium its freekin cold here in nyc so hard to realy open her up but i did whip her around my nieghborhood ....i was wondering drove her for 5 mi i reved the engin in nuetral warmed up of course and hit 10 grand real quick twice fast to seat the piston rings i couldnt of done any damage bu doing that right manual says kep it under 4000 for the first 600 mi i hit 10000 at 3 mi ..?? seems fine
:ttiwwop:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
should be fine. Besides, who knows what the PDI guy did when he started and rode it.:wink:

Nice color.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I am not understanding exactly what you did here.

If you was riding the motorcycle (with the motor under a load) and went to 10K you will be ok.

But if you had it on the side stand and reved it....IMHO I would not do it.

I have to agree with you don't know what happened before you got it?????

Anyway Congrats on the new 10R!!!!

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
congrats bro, i am just north of the city along with a few others, when it gets warmer we'll have to definitly hook up and ride!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Congrats on getting the faster Ti one !!!.. which dealer did you get it from?. Camrod (46 &11th) usually have killer prices.

·
Registered
382 Posts
BMW528I said:
Got it at king cycles Brooklyn ill get pictures soon im lazy lol
Nice neighborhood....:machinegu :rocketwho .

I bought a 600R from them years back for a good price but would never go back after the owners son pulled an asshole move... I went to pick up the bike with a friend and my wife called there shortly after I left with the bike, he answered the phone and thought it would be funny to tell her I had crashed the new bike on Ave. U ...!! Needless to say, she wasn't amused.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol i went in thier with all cash and wanted to buy the bike was waiting for 20 min ... i was about to walk out but they attend my needs in time =)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they are all out of ti's i think he only has a red one left in 05 unless your the guy who bought the one on the floor and they held it for you for a few weeks becasue when i went in there ihe only had red two in crates in back

·
Registered
12 Posts
That was me, I put a deposit on it two weeks ago. It was the last Ti one they had. He told me they had two red and one green left back then.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It was pretty good he gave it to me for 8500 + and then I have to pay tax in CT. The guy in new haven wanted 9500 + fees

1 - 20 of 27 Posts