Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting on the entrance to I4 heading east from sanford (Fl) and right when i straighten on the curb i open my girl up, well i have some pig spoter mirrors (on my profile) so i couldnt see too well behind me. He pulls beside me and points to the left so i pull over take off my helmet and he says "is 115mph fast enough for u?" so i reply I was NOT! :mrgreen: (bullsh!t) doing 110 sir, so then he said well... "i had to go 120 just to catch up to you" (i had to slow down because of trafic on the road thats how he caught up) so long story short he said "well my wife made diner just now and has a bottle of wine waiting for me but i should be giving you all the tickets i can". I was like YES! sir have a great night and drink the whole bottle!

Before he left he asked if it was a ninja and what year it was
I'm happy i didnt get a ticket (obviously) :beer:

·
Registered
723 Posts
This is quite a common occurance. You guys just don't hear about stuff like this that often. Trust me! :wink:

·
Registered
696 Posts
I dunno. I think a lot of cops like bikes and many probably ride (or want to ride). I have been let go three times now on my bike and they were all clear violations. Two of those times, the officers spent more time asking me about the name, model, and top speed of my bike than they did explaining what I had been pulled over for.

I couldn't beg my way out of the last ticket I got in my cage (long time ago). But on my bike? Seems like if you play it straight, weren't doing anything TOO crazy, don't smart ass them, and answer all the questions they have about your bike, you can get out of it at least some of the time.

·
Registered
723 Posts
sonnyboy11 said:
I dunno. I think a lot of cops like bikes and many probably ride (or want to ride).
Very true. They were guys before they were cops. Even most of the female ones!:crackup:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i dont know i guess i got realy lucky. I already had it set in my mind that i would get a ticket and praying to god they wouldnt inpound the bike

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
You got lucky for sure. I don't know if I would expect to get the same response if you try that again. It goes to show that there are some nice cops out there. Its the bad ones that you hear more about though.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Obviously the "pig spotters" don't work..... :crackup:

I've really gotta do something about my mirrors....I've had a couple of cops pull up on me and not even seen them.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
songhyunho80 said:
daymn... i wish the popos here are as chill as over there
Trust me, they're not all that nice (speaking from personal experiance). Someone got very lucky.

·
Registered
656 Posts
sonnyboy11 said:
I dunno. I think a lot of cops like bikes and many probably ride (or want to ride). I have been let go three times now on my bike and they were all clear violations. Two of those times, the officers spent more time asking me about the name, model, and top speed of my bike than they did explaining what I had been pulled over for.

I couldn't beg my way out of the last ticket I got in my cage (long time ago). But on my bike? Seems like if you play it straight, weren't doing anything TOO crazy, don't smart ass them, and answer all the questions they have about your bike, you can get out of it at least some of the time.
I think it has alot to do with how old you are and how many voilations you have on your record. I've been pulled over 3 times for speeding and got warnings for all 3. My record is clear and I'm 39 years old. Now say he pulls over an 18 year old, with 6 entries on his record, I'll bet he gets a ticket.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I was riding my 10R a few weeks ago and my cousin on his '05 636 and I decided to stop at Starbuck.
About 10 min later about 4 cops on Harleys showed up. They kept looking at both our bike and asked my cousin and I who rode what!! We all start talking back and forth and right at the end on the conversation one of the cops says " See we should be riding those, it takes us forever to get up to speed on these damn Harleys!!!"
I use to build emergency vehicles, cop cars, ambulances, undercover cars...and also police bikes. And let me tell you, the guy I work for accidentally dropped one of those bikes, it took 3 people to lift the damn thing back up.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts