Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys got pullover last night for he first time in 7 years, damn cops where hiding in a corner of a dark street, he would Not cut me any slack at all, he told me it was a no tolerance tonight because there was a rally event. so they were to many motorcycles riders out there, i was doing 52 on a 40 zone :sad:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No idea rocketracermike
I was thinking of getting a passort 8500 radar, but every body say they dont work to well ,what did you guys think?

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
rocketracermike said:
how bad is it going to be for you. 15 mph over here is a felony. bad news
FELONY?? 4pts on license here as oppoed to 3 for 10mph or less over.

Isn't Arizona where we used to have the American Autobahn? Freakin overkill.

Edit- A website for AZ. Says 20 over or 85mph is reckless. Damn.

And it was Montana in the 90's that tried the no speed limit thing on highway. Germans started comming to drive there due to crowding on their autobahn.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
mrlopez, radar detectors are fine if the officer is using stationary or moving radar. I use a laser radar on cars they are hit everytime. Motorcycles are harder because of the smaller radar signature, further we "aim" at the headlights since the headlights are the most reflective part of the vehicle. The closer you mount the radar detector (it better have a laser detector built in) to the headlight the better you are off. As a note the laser signature at 800 feet away is only as wide as a stop sign. Keep that in mind. This is why laser radar units are incredibly more accurate and harder to defeat. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
mrlopez said:
No idea rocketracermike
I was thinking of getting a passort 8500 radar, but every body say they dont work to well ,what did you guys think?
mine works great...do it...gives plenty of warning...search for pics

·
Registered
490 Posts
State of VA is $5.00 for every mph over the posted. 20mph is reckless, but 80 in a 65 is reckless. Damn Commonwealth.

·
Registered
370 Posts
mrlopez said:
Hey guys got pullover last night for he first time in 7 years, damn cops where hiding in a corner of a dark street, he would Not cut me any slack at all, he told me it was a no tolerance tonight because there was a rally event. so they were to many motorcycles riders out there, i was doing 52 on a 40 zone :sad:
Send it in "not guilty," go to court. You may end up with a judge or prosecutor that will cut you some slack. Worst case scenario, nothing happens and you pay the fine and a couple extra dollars for court fees. Best case they could drop the completely. Most likely you'll be somewhere in the middle, possibly reduce your fine or points or both. A lot of it will depend on the conditions under which he issued the ticket. Clear night, foggy, heavy or light traffic, residential neighborhood or normal street...etc....etc....

12 over is alot, but if there was no other traffic on the road and the weather conditions were good, you could argue that you were in a high gear (3rd maybe, so lower rpm, but bigger speed) and you were just riding at what seemed to be a reasonable speed (no other traffic to judge by). By virtue of your 7 years without a ticket, I'm thinking they'll cut you some slack.....Good luck

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
rocketracermike said:
how bad is it going to be for you. 15 mph over here is a felony. bad news
Damn, and I was thinking about moving to AZ. That's crazy. Is it statewide or only metropolitan areas? How hard to they enforce it, jail time, fines, both?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Damn your lucky I got a ticket today for 71 in a 45 (wreekless dr) I need to get a lawyer or somthing.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yeah speed as a felony???????? All speeding violations here are civil infractions unless combined with something else (i.e. erratic lane changes, aggressive driving) Then it could be bumped to careless or reckless. Even so reckless driving is only a misdemeanor.......but then again Utah still has the firing squad for state executions. Makes you wonder

1 - 18 of 18 Posts