Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just won the bid of 07 CBR1000RR front calipers for 30 bucks. I've been wanting to do this mod after a close call. So now all I need are some 5mm spacers and I will post my feedback.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also have a set of those 07 CBR calipers and need a set of the 5mm spacers. I can write up the specs tomorrow morning for you.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Yup alumnum will work thats all they are, i have the calipers and spacers in a box for almost a year now...

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup alumnum will work thats all they are, i have the calipers and spacers in a box for almost a year now...
Well give the guy the specs then duh!!!!!! hahah

No seriously, could you give him the specs Herb?

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
They are: 10mm ID 24mm OD/ And thickness is 5.00mm-5.2mm-5.5mm-6.0mm.

I say all those thicknesses because I have seen all used. I am at about 5.00mm with my homemade ones and they should be just a bit taller...maybe 5.2mm. I haven't changed them yet though because the brakes work so good I didn't see a need to yet.

·
Registered
636 Posts
They are: 10mm ID 24mm OD/ And thickness is 5.00mm-5.2mm-5.5mm-6.0mm.

I say all those thicknesses because I have seen all used. I am at about 5.00mm with my homemade ones and they should be just a bit taller...maybe 5.2mm. I haven't changed them yet though because the brakes work so good I didn't see a need to yet.
jblaze, if you want to trust those numbers i can start machining them today. just let me know which thickness you want.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Well give the guy the specs then duh!!!!!! hahah

No seriously, could you give him the specs Herb?

:mrgreen: I would but I have No caliper :headshake

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Glad I got the Nissin's. No spacers here. I just gotta pop the pistons out and send them to the Powdercoater! Oh yea, and I gotta order some HH pads! Got a set of Alth rotors waiting for me too. Can't wait for my new brakes :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jblaze, if you want to trust those numbers i can start machining them today. just let me know which thickness you want.
5mm and 5.2mm to be on the safe side I guess then when I finally install I will tell you which one worked out the best.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
I'll overnight you my caliper! hahah

Did you get the money I sent?
:lol: I used to have access to any size calipers and such tools but no more,
Yeah i got it...

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Glad I got the Nissin's. No spacers here. I just gotta pop the pistons out and send them to the Powdercoater! Oh yea, and I gotta order some HH pads! Got a set of Alth rotors waiting for me too. Can't wait for my new brakes :thumbsup:
The Alth rotors are NICE. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
284 Posts
i used washers

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
im sure washers would work, but if i were doing it, i would want something solid and more of a precise fit. :dontknow: maybe it doesnt matter. i was just offering my services.
As long as you check your height with a caliper and stack the washers to the same height you will be fine. I bought a bag of washers for like 59 cents...and changed the stacks until they were the closest height-wise. After that I glued the stacks together and then shrink-tubed them so they look like a single solid unit. Look great and are functioning just fine. Just my .02

·
Registered
636 Posts
As long as you check your height with a caliper and stack the washers to the same height you will be fine. I bought a bag of washers for like 59 cents...and changed the stacks until they were the closest height-wise. After that I glued the stacks together and then shrink-tubed them so they look like a single solid unit. Look great and are functioning just fine. Just my .02
but if you could have a solid spacer would you have still bought the washers and glued them together?
do you have any pics? ive never seen this mod done so maybe washers are the way to go. it just seems like a stack of washers might have some play. that might be fine, its only the brakes...

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
but if you could have a solid spacer would you have still bought the washers and glued them together?
do you have any pics? ive never seen this mod done so maybe washers are the way to go. it just seems like a stack of washers might have some play. that might be fine, its only the brakes...
Did you get the specs of the spacer down? Let me know about progress buddy. I should be getting my calipers next week so I was hoping both would come at the same time.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts