Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
GEN II Driver
2,879 Posts
took about a week and cost me $130 total for rebuild, bleed and shipping from pps racing. compared to stock the rebuild model gives me five more clicks of adjustability. 14 clicks now equals the 19 (full tight) on the stock model. if i tighten all the way down the damn steering head barely moves. taking it to the track this weekend and will update the performance but from what i can tell it's much mo betta.

for those interested i went with bd's recommendation to use an ohlins certified distributor (www.ppsracing.com/) for the job. good guys to deal with and a quick turnaround. not a bad option for second gen bike owners who want better performance but don't want to spend a whole lot for an aftermarket dampner. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems
More information

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Sounds great.

But im a skeptic that you can get much near the same results with just an oil change to a heavier suspension oil. I did this on many GSXR stock dampers and it worked great.

Sounds like they put a new valve stack or such in for you though to give you a few more clicks.....and cheaper than a new one......good job.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Sounds great.

But im a skeptic that you can get much near the same results with just an oil change to a heavier suspension oil. I did this on many GSXR stock dampers and it worked great.

Sounds like they put a new valve stack or such in for you though to give you a few more clicks.....and cheaper than a new one......good job.
I think he meant he still has the same number of clicks but it's just stiffer as if he had clicked it 19 times. sounds like a $130 oil change.:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts

·
GEN II Driver
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think he meant he still has the same number of clicks but it's just stiffer as if he had clicked it 19 times. sounds like a $130 oil change.:dontknow:
yes, same number of clicks just a greater amount of resistance. can't comment about the comparison between oil change mod and stock. did receive a new valve and oil servicing for what i feel is a reasonable price.

ripper

Enjoy the trackday and report back with results please.

BD
wilco...

·
GEN II Driver
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You could have changed the oil yourself for about 5$ worth of fork oil, search around tons of threads on it.
eh, so i tried something else and spent a little more. yeah, i've been keeping up with the dialog about shitcan vs. fork oil vs. aftermarket and figured i'd get an ohlins certified tech to throw an ohlins valve and see how it goes. let ya know....

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
Ripper, did he mention if he would work on the stock suspension? I dont want to buy all the ohlins suspension, I just want to make what I got better.

·
GEN II Driver
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ripper, did he mention if he would work on the stock suspension? I dont want to buy all the ohlins suspension, I just want to make what I got better.
mc, i didn't ask but i'm sure it's probably a possibility. read an article in one of the mc rags this weekend and seems as though the racetech internals are getting some good press. i'd look into maybe getting racetech to rebuild my forks and paying a little extra (other than a rebuild) for an elka or penske rear shock.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
eh, so i tried something else and spent a little more. yeah, i've been keeping up with the dialog about shitcan vs. fork oil vs. aftermarket and figured i'd get an ohlins certified tech to throw an ohlins valve and see how it goes. let ya know....
It's still waaaaay cheaper than getting a new damper. :ayyy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts