61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
i have had no problems with my corsair

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
actually the only problem i have with the corsair is that it costs so much for accessories

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
El Diablo said:
I found the motorcycle attachment quite useful in mounting the tires on Diablo... Sounds like you didn't know that the rim clamps come installed backwards on the m/c attachment. Flip them around and they tighten on the outside lip of the rim, toward the hub. I can look at mine and tell you which holes you need the clamp pins in to fit the 10R wheels if you didn't figure it out already.

Everybody I know who has bought the m/c attachment has found that the manufacturer installs the clamps backward though. And yes, it would be useless if you didn't flip them around. With the clamps reversed so that they work properly everyone I know that has the attachment, including myself, loves it.

If you need pics to explain what I'm talking about with the clamps just let me know. They honestly do work perfectly once you get them turned the right way and get them in the right holes to fit the rim. :wink:
Thanks Diablo, I figured you probably liked the attachment because you din't mention any problems with it and almost did PMed you. I did figure it out though that the clamps came in backwards and changed them around but I still found it hard to balance unless you mount the main base securely to the floor which I was not willing to do(at least today). I have some carpet in my garage so I just found it so much easier to use the lay the wheel down there and use the tire arms, and like I said earlier I did it within minuites. If it works for other people out there great but for some that might be a little strapped or just want to do the tire change yourself without alot of investment then I would recommend just the main tire changer without the attachment. :smile:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Bought new Pilot Powers yesterday at the local dealer. Scheduled install next week. Did not mind paying a little more to support the local dealer. They give a deal on install when you get em there too.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
bluedevil said:
Thanks Diablo, I figured you probably liked the attachment because you din't mention any problems with it and almost did PMed you. I did figure it out though that the clamps came in backwards and changed them around but I still found it hard to balance unless you mount the main base securely to the floor which I was not willing to do(at least today). I have some carpet in my garage so I just found it so much easier to use the lay the wheel down there and use the tire arms, and like I said earlier I did it within minuites. If it works for other people out there great but for some that might be a little strapped or just want to do the tire change yourself without alot of investment then I would recommend just the main tire changer without the attachment. :smile:
Yeah, it really does need to be anchored to the floor. I haven't done that yet either but plan to. :wink:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
El Diablo said:
Yeah, it really does need to be anchored to the floor. I haven't done that yet either but plan to. :wink:
Diablo,

I saw on the internet where someone just anchord the base with heavy plywood like 4'x4' using long studs with a flat head that will imprint flat on the bottom in the wood. Might be something you might want to try unstead of drilling into the floor
:dontknow:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
bluedevil said:
Diablo,

I saw on the internet where someone just anchord the base with heavy plywood like 4'x4' using long studs with a flat head that will imprint flat on the bottom in the wood. Might be something you might want to try unstead of drilling into the floor
:dontknow:

That's pretty much what I was planning on doing... so I can move it around in the garage if I need to. Maybe when my shop is done I'll actually anchor it to the concrete floor in it. Until then portable and moveable sounds better. :cool:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
El Diablo said:
That's pretty much what I was planning on doing... so I can move it around in the garage if I need to. Maybe when my shop is done I'll actually anchor it to the concrete floor in it. Until then portable and moveable sounds better. :cool:
Let my know if you do that and how it comes out. That's the way I would do it like you said for mobility.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
bluedevil said:
Let my know if you do that and how it comes out. That's the way I would do it like you said for mobility.

:thumbsup:

Will do... :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
zx102nv said:
Guys I can get the set for 210.00 shipped. 220.00 for the 190
Can you still get these...my 190 rear is going to need replacing soon...how about a price for a 190 delivered to 92651...if still available?

·
Registered
369 Posts
SuicideMachine said:
Anyone run PPowers on the track yet?
I think you should stick with your original plan of DOT race on your spare set of wheels, and reserve the Pilot Powers for the street, and god forbid, rainy track days.

Had a friend on an R6 cook T5 at PR - lost the front AND the rear at the same time on the last lap of the last session. Took a trip through the kitty litter. While the Pilot Power is a superior street tire, it's not made for 7 20 minute track sessions in 80 degrees. They just got greasy.

Stick with the good stuff for the track - cheap insurance. :wink:

·
Registered
349 Posts
bikerscum said:
I think you should stick with your original plan of DOT race on your spare set of wheels, and reserve the Pilot Powers for the street, and god forbid, rainy track days.

Had a friend on an R6 cook T5 at PR - lost the front AND the rear at the same time on the last lap of the last session. Took a trip through the kitty litter. While the Pilot Power is a superior street tire, it's not made for 7 20 minute track sessions in 80 degrees. They just got greasy.

Stick with the good stuff for the track - cheap insurance. :wink:
Sorry,but i disagree.

The pilot powers are more than enough for an average and an above average rider at the track.Freddy spencer and Kevin schwantz use them for thier school nad i have ALOT of track days under my belt over the last few years using NUMEROUS tires and the pilot powers were amazing.They are as good as full dot's from a few years ago...

My short review...

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5652&highlight=powers

It seems their is some confusion even in our ranks...so to set the record straight I have prepared a sheet for you to identify what tires are designed for street vs track. ( See Attachment).

In Short...
Pilot Power is the premier street/trackday tire, other great trackday tires are Pilot Sport Cup and Pilot H2. These are replacing the pilot sport and H2's...

Power Race Soft, Power Race Medium offer very limited use on the street (20%)...these are real race tires! Most riders will go faster on these tires than the S2/M2 from last year.

Power Race Medium Soft, PR1- PR5 are 100% race track due to complex compounding which do not work well on the street.
This type of tire was only available last year to the very top riders. For 2005 all racers have a choice because these tires are available to everyone.

I hope this helps clear up the confusion on your chat room.

Regards
Ron Wood
Manager Sales and Competition Development
Two Wheel North America

·
Post Whore
6,238 Posts
I installed my Pilot Powers yesterday and I must say I am impressed. I was using Pirelli Diablos, but I think I have found a new favorite tire! :twisted:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Chads10R said:
I installed my Pilot Powers yesterday and I must say I am impressed. I was using Pirelli Diablos, but I think I have found a new favorite tire! :twisted:

Still lovin' my Powers... I have no reason to try another tire. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Ok, all bullshitting aside on what works for who and how many Jellybeans you paid them for it,
How is the treadwear on the Pilot Powers? I was killing off D208ZR' rears last year in about 2k-2500mi. and scrapping the front every other time(4-5k mi.). I just installed D208 number 4 on the rear @ 8200 miles, and this is getting expensive. Do the powers last longer than the Dunlops ?

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
gladding24 said:
Ok, all bullshitting aside on what works for who and how many Jellybeans you paid them for it,
How is the treadwear on the Pilot Powers? I was killing off D208ZR' rears last year in about 2k-2500mi. and scrapping the front every other time(4-5k mi.). I just installed D208 number 4 on the rear @ 8200 miles, and this is getting expensive. Do the powers last longer than the Dunlops ?

I haven't ran 208's but I can tell you that the Powers seem to be wearing slower than the D218's that came on Diablo. I've got a few hundred miles on the Powers now and they still have the little tits on them for cryin' out loud! :mrgreen: Left chicken strip is gone... right one is about a cooter hair wide now... I'm not babying them. They just don't seem to wear very fast.

Also, I had 800 or so miles including a couple of trips to the mountains on a set of Powers on my busa when I sold it. They still hadn't really shown any real wear. :wink:

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Well finally decided to replace my rear Pilot Power 190...after getting more than 8,000 miles on it...yes - it does have tread left...and, oh yes, it has NO chcken strips...

·
Registered
13 Posts
just ordered 2 front and 3 rear powers from chaperel while they were still on special for $549 shipped. i think they will be on special till apr 15th. killer price, they were like $80 front and $115 for the rear. $9 shipping

61 - 79 of 79 Posts