Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mounted my Powers this evening. The profile of the Powers looks quite a bit more agressive than the D218 profile. Can't wait to scrub these babies in! And yeah, I snapped a couple pics. Was going to do a how-to since I mounted them myself, but I've had a horrible headache all day and it was all I could do to finish out the Clear Alternatives how-to. I'll be doing a few more sets for friends soon so I'll do a photo how-to next set. :wink:

In the mean time, check out my girl's new shoes! :thumbsup:

The fat one...

...and the skinny one. :mrgreen:

Hopefully the weather will cooperate tomorrow and I'll get them babies scrubbed in and ready to cook. :heyyou:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have them on my bike and dont regret it one bit, best damn street tire made..

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
They are great if you want a track tire that lasts more than one trackday. They aren't as sticky as Rennsports or GP's, but they are much better than other street tires. And, like I said, unless it's a big high speed track they won't be useless after one use.

·
Registered
229 Posts
El Diablo said:
I mounted my Powers this evening. .... .... Was going to do a how-to since I mounted them myself, but I've had a horrible headache all day and it was all I could do to finish out the Clear Alternatives how-to. I'll be doing a few more sets for friends soon so I'll do a photo how-to next set. :wink:

. :heyyou:

so you like have a tire changer? if so, do you have a balancer also? or you don't need a balancer?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I'll have the International Tire Assoc president contact you with regards to abuse and see if he'll recommend a 12 step recovery program for ya'all.

BD

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
10inja said:
so you like have a tire changer? if so, do you have a balancer also? or you don't need a balancer?

I bought the manual tire changer and motorcycle attachment from HarborFreight.com last week. I done a static balance using a steel rod and two jack stands. Neither wheel appeared to need any weights and they ride smooth with no vibrations so I'm good to go. I have stick on weights for future tire jobs. Just didn't need them this time. :wink:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts