Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These things a fukin great. I put on today my calipers, Galfer HH pads and front lines. Stops way better than before. Will post pics of the new look cause I changed some things and added new stuff. Waiting on my rear line to do that mod to then I'm done for awhile.:wink: If you want to upgrade to better braking these are a must. When the snow gets off the ground I'm riding.

Reactions: Alien10

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Super cool bro.
I got mine just on too.
Painted the NISSAN logo green too for a little detail.

Stock pad here. Waiting for the Vesra pads.
Still have lines s/s lines on the bench and some new DOT 4 Motul

So with stock lines and stock pads. Changed the M/C too. Problem feels fixed. Not a Brembo. But I like my fix. M/C is same if not mistaken. Using '07 ZX6 calipers. Much better now, but I paid to have them now.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I love my setup as well. I have Nissin caliper, Brembo 19x18 and Galfer ss lines. I only have to move the lever about half an inch and brakes are fully locked up!

Nissin caliper
[/IMG]

Brembo M/C

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Man I'm jealous of you guys, I haven't even gotten to try my out yet. I did my swap towards the end of '07 and I took my time with repainting them and polishing the Nissin emblem I did't even get a chance to try them cause the weather changed to super cold! :lol:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man I'm jealous of you guys, I haven't even gotten to try my out yet. I did my swap towards the end of '07 and I took my time with repainting them and polishing the Nissin emblem I did't even get a chance to try them cause the weather changed to super cold! :lol:
I changed mine and rode around the neighborhood before the snow cam in. As soon as it clears up I'll be riding again. You will enjoy it I promise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just installed ZX-14 front calipers on my 2006 ZX-10R.

HUGE difference in brake feel and initial bite. I'm really happy with the change; the stock calipers felt like they were pushing wooden blocks against the brake rotors.

All for $167 for some used calipers on eBay. Worth it! Thanks ZX10R.net for the great advice! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
NICE!!!

Don't hurt yourself with those! I'm afraid to upgrade my brakes for the plain fact that I just got used to riding my 05 with zero (aka FACTORY) brakes.

I'm afraid that turn 1 at Miller Motorsports Park would have a whole new meaning....:suicide:

Honestly, I'm doing basically the same upgrades. Brembo, braided lines, except I'm keeping the calipers and switching out the rotors. I thought it was interesting that Kawasaki mentions that rotors have been upgraded to dissipate heat and prevent Brake Fluid boil off.

Anyway, hope this works our for you.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
:eek2: Wow, just installed mine. I have to be carefull braking on the mid corner now :badteeth:. Solid combination 19x18 brembo MC and Nissin caliper never felt this solid brakes before :lol:. Now I know what all that fuzz about Nissin caliper :lol:.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
These things a fukin great. I put on today my calipers, Galfer HH pads and front lines. Stops way better than before. Will post pics of the new look cause I changed some things and added new stuff. Waiting on my rear line to do that mod to then I'm done for awhile.:wink: If you want to upgrade to better braking these are a must. When the snow gets off the ground I'm riding.
I wouldnt recomend putting braided rear lines on. It will be alot more sensative causing you to lock up the back tire. The stock set up is good cause it gives you more feel. (less sensative) just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I wouldnt recomend putting braided rear lines on. It will be alot more sensative causing you to lock up the back tire. The stock set up is good cause it gives you more feel. (less sensative) just my opinion.
:+1: With just the steel braided line on the rear locks up quickly and sensitive.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
My goodness you fellas are so sensitive....:gay:

BD

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
My goodness you fellas are so sensitive....:gay:

BD
Haha! Dont make me start a new thread asking which gen is better than the other!
:bd::rocketwho

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Are the zx14 calipers the same as the 07 ZX6R ?
I need to order order some vesrah pads is why I ask.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks

Yes they are the same. That's what I have

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Thanks
Yes sir they are however if memory serves me Vesrah has no race pads for them.

BD

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I would hope they make them by race season ;-)

What braded lines are you guys using?

I was going to get som superbike lines the other day and didn't know if I should get zx14 zx10 or zx6 pads

thanks in advance for the help.
Smiley

·
Registered
157 Posts
If the Nissin calipers you have are from a 07 ZX6r, order the pads for that. You should be fine with brake lines for whatever your bike is or you could order brake lines specific to the bike the calipers came from. In the case of the 07 ZX6R, the lines will probably be a little shorter than the lines for say an 06/07 ZX10R with the stock Tokiko calipers. when I did the caliper swap on my 05 ZX6R, I already had Galfer lines and just reused them. I have a little extra slack in the lines now but it is by no means enough to be detrimental in any way.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts