Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta say thanks for all the info on the forum. It answered in great detail any and all mt questions relating to my purchase of a 04 ZX-10R 30'000km. Yep back on 2 wheels after a long 20 years.

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
Nice! Good see someone getting back on a bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats! I just picked me up a 2005 ZX10R on Tuesday the 17th. Had some minor damage I am working through now but rode it yesterday and it's a beast. Fixing some damager to the radiator mounts and the wiring harness. Getting it track-ready.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank guys, shes got a power commander, micron slip on and the last owner had shoulder issues so had the Renthal handle bars fitted. They are coming off tomorrow. Feels like im sitting at a dinning table

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm looking at an 04 tomorrow that I'm thinking of replacing my ZX9R with. Interesting that kawi called this the C1 I believe, and my 9 is the C1 model too. I'm thinking that's where the similarities will end between these bikes though. I commute with a mix of highway and mountain roads so I'm hoping the 10 will be comfortable enough (I'm 6 foot, 200 lbs). Looking forward to the potential upgrade

·
Registered
23 Posts
Likewise, I hadn't been on a bike since my 2 stroke days that scared me like this one does with acceleration

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'm looking at an 04 tomorrow that I'm thinking of replacing my ZX9R with. Interesting that kawi called this the C1 I believe, and my 9 is the C1 model too. I'm thinking that's where the similarities will end between these bikes though. I commute with a mix of highway and mountain roads so I'm hoping the 10 will be comfortable enough (I'm 6 foot, 200 lbs). Looking forward to the potential upgrade
I'm 6'2" 210 lbs and fit the 05 perfect. aftermarket rear sets won't hurt but the bike is great. Make sure to get a quality dampner like a GPR or Scott's radial, the 04/05 was notorious for tank slaps. don't let it catch you off gaurd. it isn't fun. 04 had generator issues and I have heard about the random exploding clutch basket. As long as the gen was replaced shouldn't be an issue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts